Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kool Katz

Personal Design Website

Guest Kool Katz

Hi all. I would just like to introduce myself and let people know about a personal website I have been working on. I am what I suppose you would call a hobbyist designer or inventor, creating items primarily for my own amusement. I have been doing this for more years than I wish to remember and have large a collection of past projects gathering dust. In addition, I have a number of current projects on the go and a few planned. For this reason, I have decided to put many of my projects on a website, to prevent them fading into obscurity if nothing else. It will be a work in progress for some time yet as there is a lot to add and some refining to do. However, I think there is enough on the site now to give a fair representation of what I do.

The site can be found at www.koolkatz.biz and any comments on my efforts so far would be greatly appreciated. The site is an off the peg one at the moment, however I am hoping to move to a bespoke site as I add more work.

Guest neuronex
Sorry, should have made the web address a link. Visit My Website

Hi Kool Katz

The first thing one sees on your site is the cat graphic, which has a very low quality. There is distortion around the edges (as if you attempted to reduce file size and went a few pixels too far). Up the quality, and its already a better first impression.

This is just personal opinion - but I'd do away with the woman at the top. Put a sketch or a render of a product you're particularly fond of.

What's that counter at the bottom of the page? How many people have visited? How many products you've invented? Its just floating there amongst information pertaining to the website and your products.

Those external links you have to various companies - consider moving them to the bottom of the page, or to beneath your own stuff. Its your website, and as a visitor, I'm there to see what you've done first.

The blue / green navigation bar is cool. Maybe up the font size on the navigation links to distinguish them from the rest of the site?

Some of those board games look really interesting, particularly 'Causeway'. Have you been able to sell any / put it on the market?

Guest Kool Katz

I went on holiday for a few days after I had published the site and while away I looked at the site. You are right it was horrible and not representative of myself at all. I have therefore pulled the site and put an explanation in its place.

The original site was an instant site that I basically tried to do too much with. I am now speaking to someone with a view to putting together a site professionally.

I have not really had much interest in the games except RatRun. However, this faultered due to projected manufacturing costs. I think the games are great to play but then I would say that wouldn't I.