Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arturo Arino

Lotus 1967 Concept Vehicle

Guest Arturo Arino

This is something that came to my mind while I was watching old F1 races...

any comments appreciated ...

post-26435-1280378072.jpg

Guest frindtc
This is something that came to my mind while I was watching old F1 races...

any comments appreciated ...

The proportion of the turbins...!?

But I really like it, the shadows and the feeling of moving, great sketch.

Saluti Chris.

Guest Arturo Arino

Thanks I'm Glad you liked it ,

I know it looks rare on the proportion of the turbines, but I think is because of the perspective, I think its a bit too forced.

But thanks I'll considerate that for the next sketches!

What is the point of the v8 engine at rear? What is it driving? The turbines are very big, thus it hints they would yield huge thrust in great kN as compared to the v8. The engine at rear is redundant. With such turbines, the rear rudders would be too weak.Where would be the huge amount of fuel necessary to be stored? it is probably just a practice, as it is out of buildability anyway. I like the nice smooth light accents and the carbon inserts, and the easyiness of style. I like the perspective and swooshy background. But the design , to my mind is average, buildability zilch. Don`t get offended, please~! And guess, where would the hot exhaust go once you make an abrupt swerve maneuver, yepp, you got the answer right in your face. The pilot would be burnt at his work. he would be hot for his work. The job would be steaming hot.:))))

Guest Arturo Arino

Hi Advanced boy! you must be a very good designer, but talking about production, I've seen a lot of the comments you write, and you're almost always right, you are always thinking on how you will produce it and how its going to work. I'm not saying is bad, it is actually good for a Car designer and a Product designer... but think about the transportation design in Star Wars, Star trek, Transformers, I robot, the island, Avatar and all that Sci Fi movies that where designed with a propose... but not so feasible.

I designed this just for Sci fi, some call it Concept Art... I really don't know if this is considerated art but is like a kind of art... the V8 engine of a Ford Cosworth, is not a V8 engine, is an energy generator that produces a radiation that makes some kind of combustion in 2067 (100 years after the lotus 1967) some kind of Laser light and water propulsion maybe... I don't really know, maybe the pilot is not a pilot is a robot made out of mercury like on terminator... maybe is a pilot that has special clothing for racing in the year 2067.

What I'm saying this is just creativity, the world needs some of it, I don't care if it works because I know its not producible ... but how about a toy??

don't be like that, innovating is not just about being functional.

look at these images, non of these work but they look pretty cool to me!

let out the kid inside you !

post-26435-1280891233.jpg

post-26435-1280891235.jpg

post-26435-1280891274.jpg

post-26435-1280891363.jpg

post-26435-1280891531.jpg

I wonder, It must have been hard for BMW to browse through some ideation sketches, and discard this one, for it is an awesome one. And it is feasible. I hope they put it just`on hold`:)) As to sci-fi starwars, one must seperate things he designs for movies, video games from the ones that are engineering feasibility based. there are many outstanding yet innovative and peculiar designs, yet feasible and built- Sr-71, B-2, GM Autonomy, Motorola Aura, and the list goes on. I bet it is a different feeling if you stand on a taxiing lane while your designed An-225 Mria takes off or your designed Tomb Raider truck gets into a nintendo game. Where do you rather be taken?:D

Guest Jon Vino
What I'm saying this is just creativity, the world needs some of it, I don't care if it works because I know its not producible ... but how about a toy??

don't be like that, innovating is not just about being functional.

Well said Arturo. It must be sadly limiting to never break free from pure functionality, and whether or not something is buildable. Its quite a cool design. These pics aren't being submitted to us as engineers whose job it is to build them. Criticism about style, or rendering or some technical aspect of the drawing may be what people welcome, but just listing things that are wrong with the logistics of bringing such a design to life are clearly not what people are asking for. Do you never just doodle or sketch something a bit fantastical or impractical just for the fun of it?

Although your dedication to practicality and realism is useful in some roles, allowing your imagination to run free occasionally can have great effects on later, more 'realistic' design.

Guest grpdesign

Advanced Boy, Why do you always have to bring engineering into it. Isnt it the role of a desiger to push the envolope of design, find new styles and trends, with any product it is based on emotion to the consumer what grabs their attention to buy it over the next one what looks good and what doesn't... If engineers were left to design cars and worry about how to build something first before they sketch anything we would end up with square boxes like your designs I see on here.

Arturo design is fine is based in the year 2050+ who knows what technology we have then maybe his perspective and proportions are a little off but I like the idea and style. get an imagination advanced boy and maybe read a few more magazines and books out there, and actually try and understand the general design process. As I have said before check out a magazine called auto and design, all about car design stories, from the fiat 500 to the ferrari FXX. you will see how much engineering is involved when designing and sketching cars, not much but boi do they do alot of sketching to find the right looks.

Guest Arturo Arino

Thanks a lot Guys , I think you are totally right ... you explained just like I wanted to.

And you're also right about the sketch, I'd like to take it to the next level, I'm maybe making a 3d model of it, because I couldn't get the perspective to be Right , I tried and Tried but its just too difficult.

But about the design, like you said...

it must be sadly limiting to never break free from pure functionality, and whether or not something is buildable.

allowing your imagination to run free occasionally can have great effects on later, a more 'realistic' design.

That is totally true ... I said it before this is just a concept based on a 1967 lotus, is good to imagine what kind of energy and technology, speed records etc.

Just for fun, I think I'll be the happiest man on earth designing for a movie like Avatar, Starwars, Transformers etc.

Have you seen this guy??

http://www.danielsimon.net/portfolio/portfolio.html

He is my hero...

the role of a designer is similar to a prostitute. he must seduce. The viewer, the company, the contracting team. The items that are manufactured are designed for a purpose with practival application and laws of physics intervowen into them. No matter how much we love Salvadore Dali, he never got a contract with bio-engineering companies:) By applying knowledge( as opposed to `taste` or religion`) you will seduce the people who actually build these things by using, funnily enough, the laws of physics. yet I agree, one must free the inner child and let ideas fly. Being a child is not about childishness, but playfulness of life. Draw the line using knowledge. Check out Shojaje`s latest bike design, it is outstanding , yet feasible; that is the seduction.

Some people just like having fun. If that means designing an open cockpit space ship, a giant robot, or a laser gun, so be it - every designer does it at some point.

Guest Arturo Arino

Thats what I'm saying ... I like to have fun, I upload things of free design exercises, concept art, car sketches... thing are not about work...

Next time if you are going to criticize the manufacturing, maybe you should get to productengineeringforums instead of DESIGN forums... I dont know about you but I think my drawing seduces lots of people ... its about taste or likes or dislikes... there is some people that just like square boxes ... I personally don't.