Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
powers

The 101 is a revolutionary child’s bedding system. It grows with the child from a standard 42” round crib into a full twin size bed in three simple motions.

...The 101 is innovative in several ways: It reduces clutter. Unlike other convertible bed systems the 101 has massive amounts of storage that can be used in both configurations by way of innovative, swing-side drawers. Because it has so much storage, the need for extra dressers is lessened, and when in bed mode, it holds tons of toys so you need fewer boxes and shelving. Also, because of the crib hight, it can also double as a changing table, eliminating the need for yet another piece of furniture.

It reduces hassle. Get the 101 and you’re set for a decade. No need to buy a crib and then have to turn around and buy a bed. No extra parts to buy either. Everything needed to convert from crib to bed is built in. You don’t have to read any complicated instructions because converting is incredibly simple.

post-16403-1280352024.jpg

post-16403-1280352111.jpg

post-16403-1280352126.jpg

post-16403-1280352140.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

really cool idea. can we see some pictures of it converted into a bed?

really cool idea. can we see some pictures of it converted into a bed?

Yes.... In a few months probably! I still have a couple details to work out as far as the bed goes, but I wanted my daughter to get to use it in crib mode before she outgrew it!

Still a couple details to work out and a little paint, but it's a bed now!

post-52429-0-46512400-1312516329.jpg

post-52429-0-11987300-1312516382.jpg

The gap at the foot of the bed will be a shelf for putting books and stuffed animals and the like on. I am still having some issues figuring out the extra supports are going to work, but it's solid enough for now. The bed is pretty high, and the only other thing I have to make is the step stool/stabilizer that will slide in where the two halves meet.

Nice idea, I love that you have done some elbowgrease and actually built the model. As to transferability to real world, let me say as Vancome lady from Mad TV would have said it, tchya, you know what, nayyyy! You see, no mentally healthy parent would want to see their child in a pulpit a mile above ground doing look-what-I -can -do -yoga, risking their little mini-me to be pancaked ,unless you put some safety net akin to ones they use on aircraft carriers . The only thing revolutionary about this would be the self -inflicted trepanation of the salivating munchkin after conquesting the safety rail.

Nice idea, I love that you have done some elbowgrease and actually built the model. As to transferability to real world, let me say as Vancome lady from Mad TV would have said it, tchya, you know what, nayyyy! You see, no mentally healthy parent would want to see their child in a pulpit a mile above ground doing look-what-I -can -do -yoga, risking their little mini-me to be pancaked ,unless you put some safety net akin to ones they use on aircraft carriers . The only thing revolutionary about this would be the self -inflicted trepanation of the salivating munchkin after conquesting the safety rail.

Agree.

Government and other guidelines stress that once a child is able to do any amount of climbing he or she should be moved from a crib to a bed. Oh well, it's worked nicely for us.

This is a really good idea. I like is multi functionality and that you have took into consideration the product life cycle ( I.E allowing it to evolve with the growth of the child). Designing for sustainability and re-usability is always a Hal mark of a good idea.At Wares design we are currently working on several baby related projects, so this design is very interesting to us!If you want any advice at all drop us an email!

Cheers

Wares Product Design

http://www.waresdesign.com/