Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arturo Arino

Concept Offroad Vehicle

Guest Arturo Arino

This is some concept vehicle I did on my free time , Its like a combination of a Jeep Wrangler and a Yamaha Rhino.

Well, I hope you like it , any comments welcome...

post-26435-1279916145.jpg

Guest Arturo Arino

Why do you think is not a Solid design?

I know is not a Catia render of a production car but based on the sketch i think is solid...

I'll send you the Hand sketch so you can watch it better. maybe the presentation didn't help, but what do you think?

is it better like that?

remember is a combination between a Rhino and a Jeep. Its a recreation vehicle.

regards,

post-26435-1280090288.jpg

post-26435-1280090677.jpg

post-26435-1280090701.jpg

Guest Buff

your hand skills are way better than mine, for me to do thatsort of quality i would need rule and curves.

I like your render, dark and moody, BUT it doesnt help with clarity in presenting your ideas IMO. Try re doing it with using lighter tones and see how that goes for you.

My personal view of 'solid design' is one that sells and make a profit for the client. Personally i feel the style you've penned is interesting and inviting. sort of baja racer meets vee-dub beach buggy

Guest Arturo Arino

Thanks a lot Buff !!

You've commented in 2 of my topics and you are like a teacher to me I really appreciate that. I made a Fast rendering with sketchbook pro just to see if I got your idea.

lets see if you like it , its like to see more of the vehicle (as a product) not so much like the presentation on where you can use it.

but thanks !

post-26435-1280106567.jpg

I would suggest going to design discussions section, if I remember correctly, where I posted the principles of car design. Most people ignore them, and consider me weirdo of such principles. I suggest, that those principles are way underrated, and maybe just for fun, read them, and try to sketch something observing them.

post-28725-1280127921.jpg

Guest Buff

Wierd is good. I don't think I've ever followed convention and I've often been told I'm wierd, so I'm hardly gonna knock it am I? :-)

I will say though that I disagree almost completely with advancedboy. not indetail, but in principle and yet I would say also pay carefull attention to him even if you disagree.

I find that crazy ideas bad design, differance of opinion, debate, argument, flying temper tantrums all add to an eventual good or 'solid' design.

keep working the ideas, listen to your contemporaries and try out their ideas and see what you (or your client) feel.

As the opinoion of your proffessor, your mum, your dad, your brother os sister, your fellow students and co-workers, ask your neighbor and ask your neibours cat (and andvancedboy thinks he's wierd eh?)

then... IGNORE THEM ALL

however you will on a sub-concious level have listend to everyone and moulded, reformed and modified your notions of your own 'good/solid design'

The end result ofter many overall itterations and countless detail changes will hopefully result in something truly amazing.

btw. what do you think of your new render?

I think its clearer to understand your design intent, though I still 'like' your dark, moody render more.

also do more views. plan, front, rear 3/4 perspective

MAKE CHANGES... EXPERIMENT.

btw advancedboy. go look at 1970's beach buggies... or the Lancia Stratos even. Not saying you're wrong... not saying you're right either. Just you're unique... which is to be celebrated ;-)

Guest Arturo Arino

well thanks a lot Guys for the comments,

I think there is a huge step between a Production render and a concept render.

like you see I always like to post pictures, so you can understand me better.

The first one is a picture of a Yamaha Raptor, look at the angles of this ATV, and Its a production vehicle imagine the sketches.

And an other thing, if you try to be so ''inside the box'' with your designs, and following all that rules, probably off-road vehicles, and all the products and stuff wouldn't advanced at all , we would probably be riding 1947 land rovers...

where is the innovation?

And also I'm not saying my sketch is perfect for production look the difference between a sketch and a production car or a prototype.(I fliped the image so u can look at almost the same perspective.

But thanks a lot for the comments, and of course buff I'll be posting more perspectives and front and rear until I start the 3d modeling.

regards

post-26435-1280186087.jpg

post-26435-1280186105.jpg

post-26435-1280186132.jpg

post-26435-1280186263.jpg

Guest Nick Madsen

Arturo - Although I cant comment on the feasibility of the design I do like the emotion that your fist sketch evokes. Its definitely the sketch that grabs attention. The second sketch is way more informative and really conveys the idea better, however I hate the background green you have on there. I like having something behind the sketch to give it depth but I think it really distracts. Try just a simple box with a muted color or earthtone/graytone. First sketch is awesome tho, I want to drive this thing!

Guest Arturo Arino

Thanks a lot nick,

Now that you're telling me ,I think you're totally right ...

I'm going to sketch the front and a 3]4 view , and maybe the back view, and I'm going to apply all that advices, and all that knowledge that you guys are giving me to this new sketch and presentation of it .

Thanks !