Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Prideep Vincent

My Sketching And Renderings

if you want feedback, post your work. Don't make us go to your site and then come back here to comment.

Guest Buff

Thanks for pointing me to you webite. It prevents lazy assed tossers like me from falling asleep infront of the workstation.

Also its a nice way of building links to your site if it's part of your website SEO. work smarter not harder eh? ;-)

Interesting shapes, your automotive stuff needs work on the perspective more than anything else (you and me both)

Keep it up... practice doesn't make perfect but it does get you a whole lot closer to it.

Look at some of the hints tips and tutorials and other examples of work from the tallentd members of this forum. such as the work of the guy above ;-)

i can definitely see an artist in you, some nice portraits with a shade of untold story. nice. And your cup designs are nice. I would buy some of them if they were made. As to car designs, tchya, you know what..( see mad TV lady Vancome for reference). But it doesn`t mean that one day you couldn`t be the best car designer in the world.

I think, this is your best work( below). I wonder what is the story behind,is that a real person, or imaginary. Does she have headaches, or she is yearning for somebody to hug her, or she has lost a child, or is it morning sunshine too naughty on her shoulders. And please, Vincent, psssssst, don`t tell us .

P.S.- Buff- how much time would it take me to study a 3d program if I did it in evenings and maybe on weekends?

post-28725-1279823699.jpg

Guest Prideep Vincent
if you want feedback, post your work. Don't make us go to your site and then come back here to comment.

Guest Buff
P.S.- Buff- how much time would it take me to study a 3d program if I did it in evenings and maybe on weekends?

Difficult to say. Without any previous experiance of CAD (though quite a lot of drawing board experiance) I learned AutoCAD (2D) in a week by reading the help file. after a month I was able to generate 3D projects quite easily. Whnn I moved to solid modeling it took me 3 days to get the basics and again I do almost anything after a month, though this time I had actual referance books. I learned Pro/E 2000 basics in about 4 hours and Wildfire 4 took me about 3 weeks to go from first sketch to using ISDX. I learned SolidEdge in about a week including surfacing.

At the moment I'm trying to find some time to learn Alias Automotive Studio as I've been given a 13 month trial, but finding it difficult being so busy at the moment.

Once you understand the basics of parametric modeling, explicit, SubDiv or NURBS then each subsequent program becomes easier to learn.

I once tried CATIA, that seemed quite a steep learning curve. Dunno if today I would fair any better tbh

Thanks Buff. I even don`t know, there are so many programs, that it is puzzling me which one to study. I will check what kind of courses are available.

Guest Arturo Arino

I'd like to say, in my experience my favorite program is MAYA, thats the program I use to make the model based out of my sketches and it has the mental ray render that is AWESOME!!

Buuuut, I've got to tell you that if you use Alias Studio Tools, that is the best program for production, some people say if you can make the model in Alias you can produce it. but is more difficult to use than maya or Rhino.