Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LERsince1991

"yourwatch"

Guest LERsince1991

I have started to design a watch similar to Bell & Ross's radar watch

http://www.bellross.com/uk/

collection - baselworld 2010 - BR 01-92 Radar

I want to work on making the watch work now.

The straps and bodys are interchangeable.

straps come in 3 sizes and either stretch round and clip in or are that sort of metal band which snaps round when you push it on.

variety of colours.

How can I get the inside of the watch to work?

Thanks

Luke.

thought of the idea one day

made it the next.

post-24338-1279192796.jpg

post-24338-1279192829.jpg

post-24338-1279192850.jpg

Guest Karl Baxter

Well, I don't know how to design the insides of watches but to design from the ground up is gonna be quite a task, however as this appears to be functioning essentially the same as an analog watch the configuration will be essentially the same as a watch with seconds, minutes and hours.

From a design standpoint, IMO, I can see that it is a visual thing to have the short hands but it makes it a little difficult to read. Perhaps the seconds "ring" could be the thinnest, progressively getting thicker to the hours "disc". As it is now the hours are hard to judge. By doing this the order of importance ie. hours - minutes - seconds, is revealed logically, and becomes easier to read.

I also think there is no need for this watch to be interchangeable with different colours etc.

Anyway, my humble opinion.

Love the concept of the lines breaking apart and aligning at 12. My crit would be that the form and details are considerably unrefined. I understand that it's supposed to be modern and clean, but it still needs a lot of refinement. study how watches are put together - it's missing some of those cool details that make a really nice watch a really nice watch. You can do it without being tacky.

Guest rowan_iris

hello, nice to see your works here!

i come from china and now works in a watch design company.

hoping my suggestion is useful and helpful to you, even thought the english expression

isnt very good

here are my opinions:

1. you are no need to design the inside of watch, usually when we gonna design a watch, we would browse the movement website , such as: TMI http://www.timemodule.com/

Mitota http://www.citizen.co.jp/miyota_mvt/info/index.html

ISA http://www.isaswiss.com/intro.php

going to find a exist movement suitable for your project

2. prepare enough space for the movement (do you understand my meaning>.<?)

3. your design is nice and simple, but isnt very match the style of Bell&Ross, i can feel that

which watch you was reference. do you know where's the idea come from? ----the airplan/aircraft panel!

go and find some information=)

4. i think the design can be more strong feeling, try to add some screw~ and besides where's the crown??

Love the concept of the lines breaking apart and aligning at 12. My crit would be that the form and details are considerably unrefined. I understand that it's supposed to be modern and clean, but it still needs a lot of refinement. study how watches are put together - it's missing some of those cool details that make a really nice watch a really nice watch. You can do it without being tacky.

I disagree i think the simplicity of this design makes it what it is. You should do a range of Funkier clashy colours, would be pretty cool too.

K

You can think about their speed (pace). Second, Minute and Hour. How about changing the thickness of the lines? Or coding seconds circle as a dot... just pop-up ideas.

I agree that they look a bit too simple. Think that this may just be that you are missing details of how the watch goes together i.e. how is the watch casing going to be joined.

Other then that they are some nice designs

Hi LERsince1991

Looks clean, but not too sure about its design. Is there a possibility the user may put this watch on the wrong way around and then be give a wrong time read out? Also I like watches that give a clear and precise time reading. I don’t want to look down at my watch for more than 2 second.

But that’s just me.

I agree with the idea of changing the thickness of the lines, for each different unit of measurement. Like a heavy line for hours, and a thin line for seconds. As well as this, changing the colour of the lines would work nicely too. I really like the mismatching colour scheme in the second image, adding variety to the watches (which isn't in the first image, making it seem a little too plain).

Also, how would the clip work? It looks a little flimsy, perhaps you need something adjustable for different sizes wrists, something that semantically tells the user it isn't going to fall off.