Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
voodoo

Solidworks

Can anyone give me some advice.

I have got a large assy and want to animated it. But I get errors on there not being enough memory. This is when I am manipulating the model in animation - thats before I have rendered it!

I have a 4gb quad Pentium. Windows 7. Best performance enabled. And tonnes of HD space.

I have enabled the performance sliders to best within SW2010.

Is there a way to supress the features so I just have the finished model. I dont need to edit it - I just want to rotate the @#$@#$ thing!

The large assy has been enabled. I have enabled everything to lightweight but still giving me problems.

Can anyone give me some advice.

I have got a large assy and want to animated it. But I get errors on there not being enough memory. This is when I am manipulating the model in animation - thats before I have rendered it!

I have a 4gb quad Pentium. Windows 7. Best performance enabled. And tonnes of HD space.

I have enabled the performance sliders to best within SW2010.

Is there a way to supress the features so I just have the finished model. I dont need to edit it - I just want to rotate the @#$@#$ thing!

The large assy has been enabled. I have enabled everything to lightweight but still giving me problems.

What kind of video card do you have? How complex is the object? If you're having issues rotating your shaded model it is most likely an issue with video memory.

Guest bildder

You want to use photoworks buffer? If yes, first you should try render one frame. And then you can decrease some settings, like illumination or antyaliasing etc. At he end you can go to option and next system option and select enable memory settings. If your assy is very complex you can simplified that, if there are subassemblies (as rigid) you can save it as parts etc.

voodoochile: Four possibilities...

1) Create configurations of your part files suppressing all features that are taking a long time to rebuild. Use "Feature Statics" to find out what is taking the longest time and if possible suppress'em. This method will take longer than others, but at least it'll free up the weight on the RAM.

2) Try loading and working Light Weight. Since you only have 32bit OS, you can only address up to 3gigs of RAM and that can only be done with the 3gig switch.

3) Save the Assembly as a "Part" file. Open said new part file and use the "Save Bodies" operation to push out what bodies you need in the Assembly and then do the animation.

4) Insert a New Part file in the Assembly and use the "Join" command under the Features menu and fuse together the model.

This again will require you to then create a new assembly of the "Fused" Part Files.

Hope these work around help....Though if you get a 64bit machine, OS, and like 16gigs of RAM then all this basically goes away..... ^_^