Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Willard

Would You Criticize And Evaluate My Design?

Guest Willard

Would you criticize and evaluate my design?

I designed a sort of HMD(head mounted display)

I'll submit this work as soon as possible

But i can't become assured about shape,foam and color

I wanna know your opinion :)

post-31932-1278666522.jpg

post-31932-1278666535.jpg

post-31932-1278666547.jpg

Looks a little weird and bulky, the front looks somewhat sculptural, but the back is very bland and undesigned. I would suggest that you find a picture of someone or take picture of yourself and photoshop this HMD onto their face to see what it would actually look like, because when you are designing anything that goes onto a person you need to consider the image it creates for the user. Your design may or may not look "cool" for the user.

Guest Buff

I have to agree with the above about it being bulky and sculptural. the bridge over the nose looks a little odd. The stems I think are fairly pleasing.

All that said, is the bulk down to embedding the required hardwear? If so, can these be reduced at reasonable cost?

Further comment to the abouve re looking cool on the wearer. It has to look cool on a desk and look cool folded up and look cool inside the packaging. COOL SELLS, BUT NOT at the expense of function and user experiance.

If this is just a styling exercise then Two points. Why stlye something if there is no underpinning intent behind it? It really is just then a sculpture. And if you must style for styling sake then go for gold and style for some future ideal like some notion of superthin film displays with transparency so you and integrate VR with real suroundings

Also lose the giant watermark over your graphics. No one is trying to steal your images, and it makes it extremely distracting to look at.

Guest Willard

Thank you for your opinion

I upload the image you said

Looks a little weird and bulky, the front looks somewhat sculptural, but the back is very bland and undesigned. I would suggest that you find a picture of someone or take picture of yourself and photoshop this HMD onto their face to see what it would actually look like, because when you are designing anything that goes onto a person you need to consider the image it creates for the user. Your design may or may not look "cool" for the user.

post-31932-1278727186.png

Guest Bucyrus

What does that feel like to wear on your face? Will it stay put with just the pressure of those side frames? Do the side frames need to squeeze the face in order to keep the device in place? How would you make it fit a variety of face widths?