Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest levystore

How Make A Touch Lamp

Guest levystore

Hi everybody!

I would like to realise a touch lamp concept but I don't know how make it!

I've searched on google and a lot of websites to find a simple explanation but I didn't find a lot of things.

I just know I'll need a sensor, capacitive sensor and a simple electronic to define the sensitive area.

So, do you know websites or tutorials or whatever you have about it?

Thank you for your help!

(and sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

:blush:

if your lamp has metal on it you can use a simple wall plug adapter that turns a regular lamp into a touch sensitive one

this can be seen here: http://www.comforthouse.com/mokalamp.html

we have a few of these in our house and they even work on our lamp with a painted metal frame.

Anyways I'm not sure if this exactly what you are after but it might work for your application

Guest levystore
if your lamp has metal on it you can use a simple wall plug adapter that turns a regular lamp into a touch sensitive one

this can be seen here: http://www.comforthouse.com/mokalamp.html

we have a few of these in our house and they even work on our lamp with a painted metal frame.

Anyways I'm not sure if this exactly what you are after but it might work for your application

Thank you vander it's really interesting! But for my work I think the "Touch Lamp Kit" should be better.

Do you know if it's possible with other materials? plastic? wood? maybe with a thermal sensor, no?

I just read your post and thought about a company I just read about. Go and check www.RapidKeypads.com I think I saw a little single button touch switch circuit board that has a little relay that can turn your lamp on and off. It looks very easy...

Hi everybody!

I would like to realise a touch lamp concept but I don't know how make it!

I've searched on google and a lot of websites to find a simple explanation but I didn't find a lot of things.

I just know I'll need a sensor, capacitive sensor and a simple electronic to define the sensitive area.

So, do you know websites or tutorials or whatever you have about it?

Thank you for your help!

(and sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

:blush: