Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mare10

Cars' Modeling

Guest mare10

I'm looking for books or tutorial or whatever that shows how to model cars.

I've good skills in nurbs modeling already, so i don't need this kind of tutorial which just introduce to modeling, and they use a car as subject for making it cool.

i need something that comes from professionals, that shows the correct workflow to create car shapes like from where to start, which are the steps and part to keep separeted, the standard surfaces layout, which are the constrains, the proportion to keep in mind. Not just how to reach a shape somehow.

I found something specific only on Class A surfacing, but nothing about the modeling workflow.

Maybe some student from a transportation design degree has some idea.

Thanks for any info.

Guest ChrisDuncan
I'm looking for books or tutorial or whatever that shows how to model cars.

I've good skills in nurbs modeling already, so i don't need this kind of tutorial which just introduce to modeling, and they use a car as subject for making it cool.

i need something that comes from professionals, that shows the correct workflow to create car shapes like from where to start, which are the steps and part to keep separeted, the standard surfaces layout, which are the constrains, the proportion to keep in mind. Not just how to reach a shape somehow.

I found something specific only on Class A surfacing, but nothing about the modeling workflow.

Maybe some student from a transportation design degree has some idea.

Thanks for any info.

what software?

Just be aware that everyone wants to model out cars, you'll need to put extraordinary effort and work into this and that's ok.. if you know you're willing to go to that level and car modeling is a true passion of yours.