Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest starlion

What's Your Interpretation Of "design Thinking"?

Guest starlion

Hi everybody,

I'm doing a study about the interpretation of "Design Thinking" in design and business world in order to know if we have the same idea about this term.

That's why I would like you opinion about this question:

1. What's your interpretation of "Design Thinking"? Or in other words what's "Design Thinking" for you?

And then, could you give me some information about you:

2. What country do you live in?

3. What's your status? (Student, lecturer, teacher, professor, designer junior or senior, manager...)

4. What's your job or domain"? (Marketing, finance, management, fashion, graphic, product design, transportation...)

5. What kind of company do you work for? (Freelance, agency, industry, manufacturer...)

Thank you for any help you can provide

Guest Plastic Brick

Design thinking to me is factoring in physics, verisimilitude and manufacturing into design. Anybody can make a pretty design. But is is useful, functional, sustainable and timeless? We can make some money on gimmicks, but the products that have a lasting impact on society are the most profitable in the end. Think about how it will be made and how it will work. Design thinking is more of a process than it is an instantaneous lightbulb in the cranium.