Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tudoran Liviu

Yacht Design

Guest Tudoran Liviu

A project that I did for scholl for BYT lessons...durring this semester....Comments and crits are wellcomed

post-20957-1276894561.jpg

Guest Tudoran Liviu

the final render and also another fast yacht that I did for a Yacht design magazine

post-20957-1276895985.jpg

post-20957-1276896042.jpg

Your ability to master colours are phenomenal. very nice indeed. Your last rendering here with the yacht is world class, the renderings above it, not so much. Here is the trick. Every item you design should have `area of tranquility` which would be an area where not much of design or bending or curvature takes place. Or an area which is not distracted by dramatic colour differences. I can definitely see that in the last one, and it makes the design solid, refined and stable. Thank you, I can learn from you a lot.

Guest ID2010

Maaaaan your stuff is nice. Your rendering and application of colour is pretty awesome. what programs do you use?

Keep up the good work!

Guest Tudoran Liviu

Thank you guys,Photoshop, alias and bunkspeed, but for this project mostly photoshop. The thing is that I didn't had so much time to refine it how I wanted :) Thanks again :)

Guest marco.sala
Thank you guys,Photoshop, alias and bunkspeed, but for this project mostly photoshop. The thing is that I didn't had so much time to refine it how I wanted :) Thanks again :)

Definitely a very good piece of work. Thumbs up!

your second one is pretty stunning! Great design and composition.

Can't say I particularly like the first one though. The design is a bit too encapsulating for my taste, perhaps if you were to add some open deck space in the front it would give it a bit lighter visual weight and add some dynamic to the overall form factor. Right now it looks just a little too bloated, a bit like a football. The rear canopy is a pretty cool idea though

Having said that your sketching and rendering skills are great! Keep up the good work!

Guest Tudoran Liviu

thank you xtr3mz and Anny618.

@vander well to be onest...the first project was done for the BYT course in the first year of school at IED. Base on what I've learned from the teacher, research and collegues. The second one was just a fast ideation. many thanks!