Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Chevrolet Sagan , Cadillac Upsurj , Buick Maelstrom

I noticed that aspect ratio of various screens distorts my renderings. As I usually do renderings on a tv screen that is jacked up to a pc, so image might be distorted a bit. So I added a circle in the corner of this rendering. It should be round. If it isnt the aspect ratio on your screen is different.

`Although we march to the music of our time, our mission is timeless` ( ...)

for Carl Sagan

post-28725-1276528899.jpg

My quest for the music continues. Although I am still sloppy and not precise, I stay loyal to my principles, and will continue working on them. here is the dissection of the concept. Thank you!

post-28725-1276530164.jpg

Buick Maelstrom. Godzilla killer;)))))........... Engine? probably a naturally aspirated 7 liter DOHC 830HP. gearbox- 8 speed Tremec-x :)))) Well, this one`s for Sarah Brightman. The power of music....

post-28725-1277481733.jpg

In black and white. Brake supports are located this way to lower the center of gravity as much as possible. I still only use mouse and not stylus, I hope to get on-screen rendering in fall.

post-28725-1277482575.jpg

Guest JelleT

I miss the sketchiness in your sketches, it seems you are trying to hard to make it a photorealistic sketch. Try making sketches that express the identity of your car.

Chevrolet Lunaro. The mirrors are retractable. Once the car is parked the mirrors are retracted within body leaving clear surface. Anyway, I am angry to myself, that it didn`t turn out as good as I wanted. @#$@#$:)

post-28725-1278188878.jpg

This is the mirror once retracted. Bzzz. probably it should be a notch bigger to increase the mirror reflector area. In future I hope to work on multiple integratable elements on cars, where superintegrity would be all over the car;) Anyway, the Lunaro is in Nuclear graphite colour. Yes, and I can`t get sketchiness, because I am using a mouse( i know it is miserable), but at least I can practice.

post-28725-1278189663.jpg

Your perspective is off, and the hyper-rendered style makes the cartoonish proportions really pop out. Why don't you hold off on the rendering for now and just post a bunch of line sketches in proper perspective so that you can polish the fundamentals before diving in on the deep end?

If you want to help, show exactly which lines are wrong and where should perspective exactly go. As to childish proprtions , i will disagree. I actually pay attention to details like- front-rear overhang, hip line, door width, slope, wheel size and distance, especially to a-pillar curvature. What is childish about it? What exactly is too big, too small, too something? I think that all elements as compared to each other in size, are ir normal proportions, whether it be door handles, a-pillat thickness, fender height or side window height. Be specific, please! `For a Change` ain`t gonna cut it:)

Taro- because they probably think I am hopeless, which I can agree only partly. Anywaiz, here be Ibex. In boreal raspberry.

post-28725-1278341825.jpg