Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Chevrolet Sagan , Cadillac Upsurj , Buick Maelstrom

Guest Lisa.Pang

I am not a designer, but i like your designs. The curve makes me comfortable. Good job!

Thanks Lisa, but my designs are average, due to lack of precision in perspective, lack of usage of approppriate programs and tools, and a limited variety of curvature, due to usage of mouse. Anyway, here is Milestone for HD. I hate it mostly, and I hate that I am limited to use my full potential.

post-28725-1279040985.jpg

Guest lokilabs

If, William S. Harley, Arthur Davidson, William A. Davidson and Walter Davidson, Sr were still alive you most assuredly would be slapped in the face with one of thier leather gloves! 70's tron+ HD=NG

I would slap them too, for not engineering a single new engine for 60 years, and surviving on gullibles who swallow their advertisement. R&D anorectics.

Guest lokilabs
I would slap them too, for not engineering a single new engine for 60 years, and surviving on gullibles who swallow their advertisement. R&D anorectics.

Trust me when I say that I cant stand Harley Davidson products but why are you designing one if you have issues with their business.

Trust me when I say that I cant stand Harley Davidson products but why are you designing one if you have issues with their business.

Because he's going to save the company and the American motor industry with his Robot kangaroo mobile. Duh.

the ergonomics of the bike are completely wrong, try using underlays for your design to ensure the proportions and overall form factor are functionally correct. Do this by creating a layer in either photoshop or alias sketchbook and lower the opacity to about 20%. After roughing out the proportions simply hide this layer.

design wise have to say it looks really strange and doesn't fit with Harley Davidson's brand image at all. Looks like its designed for star trek or something

with your renderings it looks like you are using the dodge and burn tool in photoshop, which isn't the best way to achieve darker and lighter areas. (gives it a bit of a blotchy look no matter how much you work it) Use a new layer and use the airbrush tool to give you highlights and shadows. To get even gradations use a much larger airbrush then the area you are working on, then using the soft edge eraser refine you edges for a soft transition, or use the hard edge eraser for sharp highlights

for photo realistic renderings you should look at some photoshop rendering tutorials, however I would suggest you work on the basics of form factor and perspective before getting involved in renderings

I designed it for HD, because there were no more American bike manufacturers left to design for. Buell went south a year ago, because HD closed it.( Spare Victory and Vectrix). Manufacturing( physical, hi-tech) basically is dying in US as if sprayed by roundup or something.

As to ergonomics and wrong proportions, could you be more specific, otherwise I don`t get it. And what underlay you mean. I really don`t want to underlay any existing bike, I want to go a new path.

And I don`t use photoshop, I even don`t know how to use it. All I use is Sketchpro, and later I use ACDseePro to correct colour.

The only issue I could find is maybe the driver could be a bit cramped as the steering column would be too close to the seat. Otherwise, I don`t see too much deviations. Wheels, main body, headlight body,etc don`t seem to be out of proportions.

Cyberdemon, I appreciate your help for calling this bike a kangaroo, you are a great sensei. You really guide my wobbly hand to improvements, step by step.

Cyberdemon, I appreciate your help for calling this bike a kangaroo, you are a great sensei. You really guide my wobbly hand to improvements, step by step.

Lol,I spent a year trying to give you real and honest feedback which you challenged and disregarded, now I just quietly sit back (as do most people on this forum) since no one wants to bother giving you feedback because you don't listen.

Besides I give feedback to designers, you are a sci-fi artist an I'm an arrogant dick so no point in continuing the charade.

Guest ID2010

Hey man i've been seeing your stuff on here and whilst it's good to see someone contributing to the forums I'm thinking that you're just designing without a context. You need to think about the people who would buy the cars - it's alright to do wild futuristic concepts, but if you can't connect them to their users then the design will not go any further. You need to do some research. Show us what inspires the forms ie architecture/nature etc and -show us the people who want or may want these forms - then show us why the forms are relevant. at the moment they have a feel of "1970's cars of the future millenium that was so off that we look back and think wtf" and that surely isnt what you are going for.

I know you have been heavily criticised on the forums so far but i really think that following some sort of logical design process would really help you.

show us the context, the market and the rational. Rather than showing us one pimped out rendered concept, show us 10 quick sketch concepts. At least then we can see your rational and direction.

Guest lokilabs

Oh Crap!!! ID2010 asked for concept sketches!! Who does that guy think he is? Oh wait another professional.....that explains it. =I

Oh Crap!!! ID2010 asked for concept sketches!! Who does that guy think he is? Oh wait another professional.....that explains it. =I

Oh please - you know anybody can check that box ;-)

Guest lokilabs

Oh please - you know anybody can check that box ;-)

So what your saying issss........you may not be a professional either!! =O So what you could also be eluding to is that, hold your breath now, AdvancedBoy is really a professional masquerading as a rookie. Aha that explains everything. We are such idiots! I now put down my sketch pencil in defeat.

here is your bike compared to both a cruiser and a sport bike, you can see how in both cases your layout does not conform to standardized ergonomic form factors which dictate where your components should be located.

post-3821-1279219780.jpg

post-3821-1279219999.jpg