Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arturo Arino

Squalus

Guest Arturo Arino

Hi, I rendered the final design of Squalus for 9Studio and I hope you like it.

This car concept has the peculiarity of having 4 electric engines in every wheel. that charge themselves by the energy that provides the spinning of the wheels and it has an Hydrogen engine when the electric energy is off.

The big windshield also changes its darkness by the intensity of the sun and also provides energy to the car electric engines.

post-26435-1276103648.jpg

post-26435-1276103738.jpg

post-26435-1276103789.jpg

post-26435-1276103810.jpg

post-26435-1276103835.jpg

Guest Buff

I see Audi Avus, Corvette Stingray, Peugeot, Ford GT40, Bugati Veyron and some Porsche all in there somewhere.

I love it! :D

Guest Arturo Arino
I see Audi Avus, Corvette Stingray, Peugeot, Ford GT40, Bugati Veyron and some Porsche all in there somewhere.

I love it! :D

Thanks a lot!!

I'm glad that you liked it, its awesome that you see all those cars in my design, because I think there are all in my mind when I'm sketching those cars are like inspirational to me, I mean who doesn't like ford Gt 40, Corvette Stingray, Porsche 911 or Bugatti Veyron.

Those cars passed the years and they look prettier every day , so what you're telling me is really a complement to me, thanks a lot !!

Good as a practice. designwise, uhm, average. The rear taillights look like from second tier car companies that haven`t seen clay modelling.the rear is too thin, as compared to other car parts. And roof panel is too small to charge car batteries, it could barely run your dvd player in your car, yet alone 4 electrical engines.( it is not your fault, simply our scientists haven`t yet learned how to harvest solar energy 100 per cent. I think they squeeze out some 30-40 percent. The quality of bending surfaces is similar in level to Noble some 10 years ago, not much better. The hood is quiet likable though. Sorry. I hope this will energize to work more:)))

i think its a good start but adding in a few more details and refining it slightly will really set this off!

a couple of things that stood out

- the rear taillights are a bit to close to the rear fender opening, visually it looks a little pinched in this area especially from the side profile

- the wheel well openings could use a bit of a lip surrounding the wheel arch to give it a more finished appearance

- the side profile looks a little squished, I think it would look a little better with a slightly higher canopy which would give better overall proportions to the car

- try and black out the inside of the wheel wells as they kind of stand out and catch your eye right now being able to see into them

design wise i think it looks pretty cool, the rear of the car is probably the weakest area right now. I would say that it just needs to look a little more crisp to give it a more seamless aesthetic with the rest of the car. The rear indent might also benefit from a diffuser to give it a bit more purpose the indent you have put there

Anyways good work! I think this could be a nice portfolio piece for you with just a bit more refinement!

Guest Arturo Arino

Thanks a lot for your comments,

I'm sure I can redefine a lot of details, I'm modifying some stuff of it.

Maybe my perspectives are not helping you guys to see the aerodynamics of this car. but let me explain, the windshield its separated from the ''roll bar'' it acts like a spoiler, and the air also goes down and passes through the rear of the car and this helps a lot the downforce of the car.

I think I'll have to put a back diffusor on the lower body of the car is that what youre telling me ?

thanks for the comments guys.