Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Chevrolet Bearclaw

A medium was asked a question: Can anything be `rare` and ` well done` at the same time?

Yes, if it is a Bearclaw. A Chevrolet Bearclaw Concept.

post-28725-1273771314.jpg

personally, the scale is out and the tail end makes my eyes water.. (i scaled and trimmed the end) :blush:

post-5796-1273780564.jpg

Guest Taro

one thinig that really concerns me is that, i dont think there would ever be one straight highlight that goes all the way from the head of the car, through the windshield, to the back of the car.

and.. yah, would really like to see a 'finished' project.

Proportion and perspective were not two of AB's universal laws of design. Nor was naming your design after a doughnut.

The car is way too narrow - and thats not just a "your perspective is a little off" issue, it's just drawn way too skinny.

I don`t know if it is too skinny. it is a Chevrolet suburban replacement, so it should be long. As you can see that the rear doors even don`t bend around the rear arch, so it must be a long vehicle. As to the the rest of the car I don`t see what else can be out of proportions. This is just a detailed sketch and can not be compared to a solidworks rendering where the program does the job for you perspectivewise.Anyway< I see progress for me, You probably don`t see it that way.

I can't sketch for the life of me and personally you've done a not bad job, but I do have eyes and it does look a little out of proportion, I do agree with the other comments as it does look skinny and the view angle is probably not the best view, but hey I'm not an expert, I would research car photography on the net to get a feel of what view angles are the norm or in vogue at the moment, keep it up and keep posting because the more comments you get the more you learn :)

I had a fiddle in photoshop with the transforming tools to try and show what I felt was more pleasing to the eye, hope you don't mind.

post-22000-1273831462.jpg

Cheers