Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aluk90

Interview Questions

Guest Aluk90

Hey all,

I just found out I have got an interview for one of the placements I applied for. Iv noticed a lot of interviews ask ''Tell me about yourself'', but I dont rreally know how to answer this. Most answer examples are for business type of jobs etc, and therefore says to give examples of what I did in a previous job..but as a 2nd year student, I havent had any real work experiance in the design field, so how would I tackle this question?

Any help, much appreciated!

tell me about yourself is a question that relates to your life experience, your interests, your attitudes to things, not necessarily your job experience. As an employer I'm interested in what you do out of work hours, what your hobbies are, have you travelled, what interests you. Answers to this will determine how you might fit into the team.

just to expand on what KQD said, here are a couple of things they will likely want to know:

- are you a good team player?

- do you tend to be a leader or do you just go along with other suggestions?

- where do you get you creative inspiration from?

- what kind of previous life experiences make you unique and add to the value you bring?

- are there any kind of achievements that you are particularly proud of, any awards you've won?

- are you reliable?

- do you have confidence in yourself and your abilities?

I'm sure there are many more but I think you get the general idea. It is understood that any student coming out of school will have little to no design experience, so what they are really looking to find out is if your personality would be a good fit for their company.

Guest Aluk90

Thanks for your responses, really helped me to answer the question..and answer it well! Just a case of waiting now to see if I've got it now.