Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Marzouk

Parting Line Issue In Solidworks

Hi guys,

Iv been facing a little problem in Solidworks. When im creating a parting line on a tray handle im designing im getting a straight edge which is giving me a problem with my shut-off face. Check out the images and see what you think im doing wrong.

thank you,

Mark

post-21484-1273569099.jpg

post-21484-1273569115.jpg

Guest yutyjytj
Hi guys,

Iv been facing a little problem in Solidworks. When im creating a parting line on a tray handle im designing im getting a straight edge which is giving me a problem with my shut-off face. Check out the images and see what you think im doing wrong.

thank you,

Mark

can you post the file on here, ill have a check for you

Guest under-dog
Hi guys,

thank you,

Mark

can you post the file on here, ill have a check for you

How is your pull plane oriented to the part? It seems to be stepping the part line as if your pull direction is tilted to the part.

Hi, i am using the top plane as you can see in the first image highlighted in pink. the parting line works fine on all the other surfaces but seems to split that one surface wrong. do you think its something to do with the draft angle on the cut extrude? i might give it a try but i have a feeling it wont made a difference.

Thanx,

Mark.

Guest bildder

You can use filled surfcace or boundary instead of shut-off surface and then drag and drop into proper folder...

Best would be if you will post a file.