Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yutyjytj

Hand Drill Design Renders

Guest yutyjytj
I am not convinced:)

make a curvature check, I bet the plot is changing its direction on the the edge between those two surfaces

looks perfectly fine to me, perfectly tangent!

some times in the render the light is not catching right, thats what the problem was

post-24160-1273222749.jpg

Guest yutyjytj

make a curvature check, I bet the plot is changing its direction on the the edge between those two surfaces

looks perfectly fine to me, perfectly tangent!

some times in the render the light is not catching right, thats what the problem was

changing the rendering settings solves the problem by modifying the lighting, if you look in this image you wont see the problem you pointed out.

post-24160-1273223078.jpg

Guest yutyjytj
great job, nice renders

what is the modeling package by the way?

i have seen one of your drill design which you modeled in pro-e, why don't you try rendering it?

great job, nice renders

what is the modeling package by the way?

i have seen one of your drill design which you modeled in pro-e, why don't you try rendering it?

good question - I always spend too much time on investigating and developing most efficient surfacing approach for challanges I took. At the end, there is a lot to rethink and repeat, and polish to consider arranging time for rendering.

post-16264-1274084222.jpg

post-16264-1274084242.jpg

post-16264-1274084261.jpg

post-16264-1274084414.jpg

but, frankly speaking - I tried rendering, and I just don`t "feel" it.

hmm in my experience we've been able to get fairly good results out of photoworks, I think you just have to know the proper settings to use :)

nice hand drills BTW, a little conventional perhaps but well done

post-3821-1274125999.jpg

Guest RobMay

Out of curiosity are you using standard materials that come with Modo or have you had to create/tweak them yourself?

currently working on the detailing for this hand drill, once i have completed it i will upload the full assembly model in solidworks as a tutorial, will also upload a final render.

GOOD