Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yutyjytj

Hand Drill Design Renders

Guest yutyjytj

currently working on the detailing for this hand drill, once i have completed it i will upload the full assembly model in solidworks as a tutorial, will also upload a final render.

Guest yutyjytj

here are a few renders, i would really appreciate some comments if possible, thanks.

post-24160-1273225529.jpg

post-24160-1273225540.jpg

post-24160-1273225564.jpg

post-24160-1273225588.jpg

Guest yutyjytj
I like it, did you use photoworks for the renders?

i use modo render and photoshop, i dont believe you can achieve good renders with photoworks, not recommended

Guest aletsix

i use modo render and photoshop, i dont believe you can achieve good renders with photoworks, not recommended

I haven't used modo myself; is it better to model and render in modo or is it good just for rendering and mode in SW?

Guest yutyjytj

I haven't used modo myself; is it better to model and render in modo or is it good just for rendering and mode in SW?

just for rendering

Guest yutyjytj

which rendering package are you using ?

Guest aletsix

I was using photoworks for the renders (I know, it sucks) since the companies I was working for didn't want to invest in another software package but now that I am on my own and while doing some research I would like to compare alias, modo and vray for rhino, any suggestions?

Guest yutyjytj
I was using photoworks for the renders (I know, it sucks) since the companies I was working for didn't want to invest in another software package but now that I am on my own and while doing some research I would like to compare alias, modo and vray for rhino, any suggestions?

well i was previously using vray which was a pain, in terms of set up, i switched to modo because its so easy to use and it takes less time to set up everything in the scene, here is a link to on of the topics i created on modo render, look at these render results, i would recommend modo render, you can learn to use this within 5 hours of practice minimum.

http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.p...c=11879&hl=

Guest yutyjytj
great job, nice renders

what is the modeling package by the way?

thank you, i used solidworks for the modeling, modo and photoshop for the rendering

what is the reason to use photoshop?

btw

I noticed some surfacing problems regarding this drill. There is region with faked tangency transition - marked with an arrow. Suppose, Surface Normal vector or curvature direction is inverted there.

post-16264-1273129692.jpg

Guest yutyjytj
what is the reason to use photoshop?

btw

I noticed some surfacing problems regarding this drill. There is region with faked tangency transition - marked with an arrow. Suppose, Surface Normal vector or curvature direction is inverted there.

post-16264-1273129692.jpg

i use photoshop to enhance the final render you can make allot of changes using photoshop e.g changing the color scheme decalling , the surface area you pointed out its suppose to be like that, it has a 0.1 tangency

if you zoom in you will notice the light is not catching perfectly.