Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Kieron-Scott

Kieron-scott

##UPDATE##

I'm currently working on an amazing project that I got partly due to productdesignforum (thank you!!!)

ADzero - Bamboo Smartphone

I'm Head Designer, responsible for all the hardware design of the ADzero handset, I'm also designing all the graphics for the AD Android interface,

Would be great to hear what you guys think...

Kieron-Scott

hey Kieron, I saw the wooden phone in this year's TENT London, it was really great!

hey Kieron, I saw the wooden phone in this year's TENT London, it was really great!

Hey Liyang,

Thanks mate. I'm glad you liked the handset. Did you get a chance to pick it up?

Hey Liyang,

Thanks mate. I'm glad you liked the handset. Did you get a chance to pick it up?

Yes I did, at first I thought it was a wooden case for smartphones but I was amazed when the bloke told me it was an actual phone, it looked and felt so special and the texture of the wood was really lovely especially when you find it on a piece of high technology product. Great work mate!

Hey Liyang,

Yes I did, at first I thought it was a wooden case for smartphones but I was amazed when the bloke told me it was an actual phone, it looked and felt so special and the texture of the wood was really lovely especially when you find it on a piece of high technology product. Great work mate!

Thanks mate! There is always something special that happens when you mix organic, natural materials with tech. We tested loads of different materials during the idea generation and prototyping stages including Copper and Corian. But it was clear that wood had the most impact, even on our early prototypes.

Hey Liyang,

Thanks mate! There is always something special that happens when you mix organic, natural materials with tech. We tested loads of different materials during the idea generation and prototyping stages including Copper and Corian. But it was clear that wood had the most impact, even on our early prototypes.

And I think it has created so much possibility for the applications of wood. It was very inspirational as well, I am currently on my final year of my product design degree, seeing products like this has really opened my eyes and hopefully what I have learned could be really helpful for my final projects.

Hey Liyang,

And I think it has created so much possibility for the applications of wood. It was very inspirational as well, I am currently on my final year of my product design degree, seeing products like this has really opened my eyes and hopefully what I have learned could be really helpful for my final projects.

Brilliant man, would be cool to see what you finally decide to do, Im in my final year also, I start this Wednesday. Developing with ADzero whilst doing my final year, hopefully i can link the 2. we'll see.

Hey Liyang,

Brilliant man, would be cool to see what you finally decide to do, Im in my final year also, I start this Wednesday. Developing with ADzero whilst doing my final year, hopefully i can link the 2. we'll see.

So you are working while studying? That's really cool. I just hope I can finish my degree and get a job in the UK. Gonna to make two products for my final year but at the moment I have no clue what to do yet, quite worried.

Yep Working and studying same time :o i'm hoping my dissertation will lead me into my final product. we'll see...

What kinda stuff do you want to get into after Uni?

i'm really into consumer electronic products, and i m trying to relate my final year products to this field, but who knows, hopefully i get a job in the uk. i failed to find a placement which made me quite worried.

I'm Sure you'll be fine dude, just make sure you do something really unusual and different, A lot of people that want to go down the consumer electronics route make the mistake of designing generic stuff that doesn't stand out and has been done a million times before. Think, materials, Smart technology, Something thats going to set you apart from the rest.