rear : ar.jpg

i build a personal frame :

novembre%202008%20041.JPG

and a personal fork :

fourche.jpg

I put all together and i have my personal bike in the real life :whistle: :

P1040593.JPG

i just have some details to be seen to finish it :blink:

I take it some of those details are: how on earth to make a practical hubless wheel?

It recently took a team of Yale mechancial engineering students to make one that actually works, and it's neither light, nor efficient, nor practical.

Very cool that you actually prototyped your frame, though. If you can make it work, you'll have yourself a pretty nifty custom bike.

Hey what about splitting the tyre into 2, with a single hub, with a large outer bearing in between the two tyres, leaving access for drive gear, be a little more practical Mite not give you the single wheel look from the back, but definitely look hub less from the side.

Guest SamHolmes

Dude you don't mess around! That's awesome. I wanna see more details on how you did those wheels. great work!

Guest lewita

wow!!! that's awesome!!! i find it really intriguing how you accomplished a mechanism that actually works! congratulations from argentina!

Guest cell

even HUBLESS whell needs mechanical joint but not mechanical transmission from one side or both , like this pic : mostly electromotion, Ur bicycle have foot rests, i really don't know how it works.

post-37798-1273286377.jpg

Guest Bowl of Soup

I like it, what you need for propulsion is something called a ring-motor, there are some out there for VTOL UAV fans.

Guest Buff

hubless and with missing drive teeth on perimeter

pc3.jpg

Nice bit of lateral thinking thdudesign

Guest angela1983

For this rubber feel wheel, on techical, i think it is produced by silicon mould technology, and choose a suitable hardness.

I've seen a couple of custom choppers that have gone the hubless route, looks pretty cool!

i know this bike but her wheels are made with large bearings , the price can go up to 10.000 $ for only one :shocking: and we need at least 4 bearings !

i have no money for my bike :ermm: and i have to found another system with very low cost ... :)

Guest Plastic Brick

I guess the main thing to make sure of is that there are bearings inside to cut down on the friction betewwn the tire and the frame hub inside of it.