Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
thdudesign

A Full Hubless Bicycle

Guest tineye

It is definitely possible, a few chopper builders have done it and a graphic designer has designed a concept for a BMX bike...

Guest Predic

Wow, it seems your hubless design is quite extraordinary. I had seen many hubless bike designs, but none like this (maybe I did not pay attention :) )

one year later :P

i take a little ride of . . . 10 m and i see because of the design ( grrr... i hate design ) of the rear part of the frame ( too close from the tire ) when I pedal, the frame is deformed and touch the tire and that brake ! more I pedal, more that brake

and my fork is too complicated and not enough rigid to pilot easily my front wheel

the answers : just rebuilt the frame and the fork !

between theory and practice, there is a world

again, I put so much time to design and manufacture especially (with the errors, I make several times the same parts) that I have almost never time to test the bike

over my digital camera passed away and it took a disassembly / reassembly for full resurrects :wacko:

short videos I've recovered :

entire view of the problem ^_^ :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=961q7CpsSe0

and my son who quit his z1000 to ride it :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6V35jeTlZw

for sure, there will be a maximum of adjustments and other development to be done to make this thing riding easily

post-49080-0-08449100-1315080179.jpg

post-49080-0-17460000-1315080208.jpg

Dude you don't mess around! That's awesome. I wanna see more details on how you did those wheels. great work!

Especially the front one!

I've seen a couple of custom choppers that have gone the hubless route, looks pretty cool!

i know this bike but her wheels are made with large bearings , the price can go up to 10.000 $ for only one :shocking: and we need at least 4 bearings !

i have no money for my bike :ermm: and i have to found another system with very low cost ... cool.gif

if you wanna it become more popular , i think you need to think about the cost :)