Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest George_te

Mclaren Perfume Bottle Design

Guest George_te

Like most of the perfume bottles i meant to render this with glass material only, but inspired of the McLaren F1 car i made some renders in silver metallic and I think it came out pretty good. Please throw me a few words about it. Thank you.

post-13908-1270282854.jpg

post-13908-1270282833.jpg

post-13908-1270282825.jpg

post-13908-1270282808.jpg

post-13908-1270282798.jpg

post-13908-1270283212.jpg

post-13908-1270283204.jpg

post-13908-1270283194.jpg

Guest under-dog

Not really seeing the connection. Not a car buff but...

Looked up McLaren F1

Very soft (organic)shapes with some edgy breaks here and there from what I saw.

Your bottle is very straight foreward geometric. To the point where it appears to be the "classic" first attempt at making a 3D model in CAD.

post-12019-1270485449.jpg

Guest George_te
Not really seeing the connection. Not a car buff but...

Looked up McLaren F1

Very soft (organic)shapes with some edgy breaks here and there from what I saw.

Your bottle is very straight foreward geometric. To the point where it appears to be the "classic" first attempt at making a 3D model in CAD.

It is indeed one of my first models as a student, i don't claim that is a good representation of the McLaren style, i just wanted some opinions and critics to help me improve my creativity and to gather some new ideas. Thank you for your critics, i appreciate it. Cheers!

To be honest, neither the form nor the renderings are especially appealing. Did you do any sketches first, or was this just a chance to get your feet wet in Solidworks?

Also, even with no other changes, your renderings will instantly be much better by turning on perspective. Really, really important.

Guest Visario

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I felt I could drop in a SolidWorks tip. I noticed from the top view the 'Speed' and 'McLaren' logos are extruded flat. That may have been intentional, but if you wanted them to follow the exact same curve as the bottle, all you'd need to do is apply the logo to the surface as a 3Dsketch, extrude it and choose the 'Offset From Surface' option. Select the face it's on as the surface and define what direction the extrusion goes in and it'll follow the same curve and perhaps look more organic.

If the logos didn't follow the curve intentionally, feel free to ignore this. :P

Guest George_te
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I felt I could drop in a SolidWorks tip. I noticed from the top view the 'Speed' and 'McLaren' logos are extruded flat. That may have been intentional, but if you wanted them to follow the exact same curve as the bottle, all you'd need to do is apply the logo to the surface as a 3Dsketch, extrude it and choose the 'Offset From Surface' option. Select the face it's on as the surface and define what direction the extrusion goes in and it'll follow the same curve and perhaps look more organic.

If the logos didn't follow the curve intentionally, feel free to ignore this. :D

Actually it's a very good advise, I used to have a hard time with this problem, thank you, i appreciate it.

Guest nicanor

rendering wise, it looks like that bottle is solid. Rendering would be more realistic if it was hollow (thin walls). Floor is too reflective, the mirror image and shadows are too distracting IMO.