Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
grainstorming

Undergrad Product Design Portfolio

Hi guys!

www.pablorohrssen.com

Just put together a portfolio to support an aplication for a foreign universiy. At the moment I´m in second year studying "technical engineering in Industrial Design" a the university of málaga, spain.

greatly appreciate any coments!

Cheers,

Pablo

EDIT october 2010:

I´m now at that university on exchange, and want to look for an internship this summer.

The new page is designed to be ateaser to attract an interview.

Please tell me what you think and I´ll give you feedback on yours too.

Cheers

Pablo

Guest prmlsvrj

Hi Pablo,

I just posted my portfolio as well, in the thread before yours. I thought it'll be interesting if we reviewed each others' portfolios.. So, here are my comments and suggestions:

For all your projects, it would be helpful to include the image of something to establish the scale of your product, especially for the first image of each project. For example, put in a hand or two, or for the rubbish bin, you could put in a plastic bag. I wasn't sure of the scale of it till I saw the last image. I really like the idea of the 'bag resting comfortably in the arms of something else'.. maybe that can inspire the development of the form even more.

You would probably want to replace the image (no. 4) of the motorcillo. It's not clear and looks awkward.

When you say something like, "The rectangular forms are designed to make integation and assembly within other products more secure and simple", you may want to depict the other products in the image as well, to reinforce the idea.

Other than that, I liked was how your projects read like a story book especially so when the captions are kept short. Hope my comments help!

Pari

Hi Pablo,

Love the simplistic idea of your website but i cant help but say it looks a bit dated only due to the 'wordart' like graphics and shadows. Up the quality of the graphics as everything looks a little pixelated and blurred. In your portfolio its ok as it adds to the affect as you click it becomes clear, you have some good content but i think your presentation could be improved. Also to attract employers your going to need to have way more content, Its a competitive market and employers are not going to come running to you to see more work, you need to impress them from the get go. Im currently in an internship with an innovation center, they watched me through a whole year of my University before they offered me a position. Also i'm not quite sure about the video on the homepage it doesn't really seem that informative or have much purpose.

I hope this comes as constructive advice as i think you are underselling your skills as a designer.

Good luck finding a placement and let us know if you make any changes/updates

Hi Pablo,

Love the simplistic idea of your website but i cant help but say it looks a bit dated only due to the 'wordart' like graphics and shadows. Up the quality of the graphics as everything looks a little pixelated and blurred. In your portfolio its ok as it adds to the affect as you click it becomes clear, you have some good content but i think your presentation could be improved. Also to attract employers your going to need to have way more content, Its a competitive market and employers are not going to come running to you to see more work, you need to impress them from the get go. Im currently in an internship with an innovation center, they watched me through a whole year of my University before they offered me a position. Also i'm not quite sure about the video on the homepage it doesn't really seem that informative or have much purpose.

I hope this comes as constructive advice as i think you are underselling your skills as a designer.

Good luck finding a placement and let us know if you make any changes/updates

thanks a lot Kieron!

Your criticism was truly constructive, I´ll be taking your sugestions into account when I redo it (soon).

Cheers

Pablo