- - - - -

Nelsondaily

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Love the view at the bottom of the page, awesome. Maybe the wheel is a bit on the small side, but my eyes are drawn to the grill and then to the cockpit. Nice work!

Thanks a lot man! Appreciate the feedback...

Here is another page of stuff, including some more development on the Bugatti I am working on... Pretty happy with it other than the second to last sketch.

Love the Bugatti themed work. I was inspired from another design I saw on the web for a Bugatti design, I'll post it in my thread. It's an entirely different direction.

Cool, I want to see it!

Nice, getting better with lines. Maybe choose the best you like and work more on it? Like colours and stuff.

Will do! Thanks man

Thanks for the comments guys!

#47 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:41 AM

So here's one direction I brought a bit forward for the Bugatti design. I thought they came out pretty nice.... I'll be working on another direction in the future. Hope you like it!

Attached Files

#48 Sketchyd

Sketchyd

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

The shapes are cool. But I want to see you put more into the wheels. Right now, The wheels are IMPOSSIBLE. For example, your last post, 2nd sketch. Doesnt make any sense, You should at least draw in the wheel wells and actually show how the wheel fits inside.

#49 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:26 AM

Haven't posted in awhile, sorry :sorry:

Anyways....

This is a personal project I decided to try out....
The goal is to find a more complex and dynamic form language for Lexus. The language is supposed to be based off of a samurai sword and the way they are made...

Tried out some pencils as well

Attached Files

#50 Guest_Gringoire_*

Guest_Gringoire_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

again... wheels man... wheels...

About the samurai thing...

1. Put a picture to see what you're talking about exactly. Is it a katana... daikatana... etc
2. Work on specific detail to emphasize what you want to do... I can't really tell it has samurai sword aspect...

Anyways... there's a lot more than this but please do try to sketch cars with a more realistic perspective because the loosen style that you got used to isn't helping you that much. It rather makes some issues less obvious, which is bad news for you since you must learn to see and solve the problems for the moment. Also I suggest the ballpoint pen since I can't really see your actual level... lets say: What if you use the eraser a lot?... You should learn how to start and end a sketch without making mistakes. The ballpoint will make this process much more easier though the beginning may be a bit harder.
Good luck!

#51 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback Gringoire..

Couple questions...

I guess I just don't know what I am doing wrong with the wheels, on this one I have detailed wheels, wheel wells, tires with details, and the wheels have depth. What should I be doing? Is it just that I didn't have the next wheel?

Also, I almost always use ballpoint pens lol, look at this thread... There is only two posts that are pencil, the post above is all in pen.. I love the ballpoints!

Thanks for the feedback man

#52 Guest_Gringoire_*

Guest_Gringoire_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Right so the 1st issue to the wheels is that you make them quite sharp (like instead of an "U" you make it look like a "V"...) I suggest some ellipses on blank paper... viewed from as many angles as you can...
Also, low quality of rims... and wrong perspective on them . Perhaps you're in a rush and just throw some lines on the paper but if you aren't then this is an issue.

Ok... that much for the moment.

#53 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

Alright, thanks Gringiore! I'll work on em' a bit

#54 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:46 AM

So this is a pretty random sketch I did awhile ago, I liked it though... It's a Lancia...

Attached Files

#55 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

This was for a quick contest on Carspyshots.net...

The objective was to design a new Group B rally car, and for some reason I chose to base it on the Fiat 500, yet the body is totally redesigned for a racing experience...

Hope you like it, would be cool to hear critique/comments as well!

Attached Files

#56 advancedboy

advancedboy

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Cars, aviation, science, US, nature, space, etc.

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

You have a natural elegance, I have a hunch that if working hard, you would become a great designer. What comes to my mind when looking at the last sketch is- Pontiac Piranha concept on drugs:)))

#57 Guest_Gringoire_*

Guest_Gringoire_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:47 AM

I see some improvement at the fiat (the wheels), and I really enjoy the lancia (fine artistic touch)... The rims on the fiat are looking a bit weird and off perspective as well as the fenders (they look way to sharp)... but to make an overall out of it... quite good!

#58 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it...

I've gotta get my ellipses sorted out sometime haha

#59 Guest_NelsonDesign_*

Guest_NelsonDesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:46 AM

So I'm working on a city car and thought I'd show you some sketches....

I know I'll get hit hard on the wheels, but these were very quick sketches...

Hope you like em'!

Attached Files

#60 Bwaugh

Bwaugh

Level 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • At:Bradford Waugh Design

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

ooooh I like the red pencil sketch!

Perhaps it might be a good sketch to take a bit further? I'd love to see a nice photoshop render or possibly some quick markers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store