Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve.id

Undergraduate Portfolio

Guest Steve.id

Hey, I finished my Bachelor of Design majoring in Industrial at the end of last year. I have put together a coroflot portfolio and would really appreciate some honest critique so I can amend it and finalise for email to potential employers.

It is in chronological order from first project to my final year project.

http://www.coroflot.com/stevenwyeth

Thank you in advance

Guest LeoTaka
Hey, I finished my Bachelor of Design majoring in Industrial at the end of last year. I have put together a coroflot portfolio and would really appreciate some honest critique so I can amend it and finalise for email to potential employers.

It is in chronological order from first project to my final year project.

http://www.coroflot.com/stevenwyeth

Thank you in advance

Oh there are something interesting stuff there. What softwares did you use? very promising renders! I would be interested to see how you progressed to the final concept, please show more sketch/concept development in your portfolio. I really like your use of wood in the works!

Guest p waddy

Some great renders you have there and nice presentation sheets. I think maybe you focus quite a lot on the presentation and slightly leave some of the process. On your first sheet for the major project, you have a lot of blank space with the fire theme in the background. This is an example of what I mean... although it looks nice, if you condensed those sketches you could really fill the page a lot more. It's just my opinion though maybe other people think differently.. Really nice work though

Guest Steve.id

hey,

Thank you for your comments and i agree that i do need to show my process for my projects just needed someone else to confirm it so thank you.

In regard to renders the only cad model renders there are the fridge, watch and furniture (to be manufactured soon) and they are rendered with hypershot and modeled in either solidworks or rhino other the rest are physical models that I have produced.

Thank you again for the crit and please continue to do so...

cheers

Guest LeoTaka

Hey Steve,

You are welcome, actually I am quite suprised at the results of Hypershot renders. Really good renders!

Oh the furniture, it is very exciting to design public facility for your own community, I think ;)

Cheers

Guest Steve.id

Hey,

I have just updated the major project section with a couple new pages starting to show my process would appreciate further comments.... as this project spanned an entire year condensing down the entire process into as few pages as possible is proving difficult whether this is a negative Im not entirely sure as yet have to finish further pages to see how many actually accumulate.

Again thank you in advanced for your comments and suggestions

Steve

Guest p waddy

I like the new sheets you have done. I don't know if there are too many now though. You are actually showing a lot of skills in this project which is good. The only thing i would say though for a hard copy, it would look better if the design sheets had a consistency to the style of them. The newer ones are different to the old.

Nice work though! You have great sketches.

Guest Steve.id

Have added a new page with a rendered exploded view should have some new pages coming soon.

Thanks for the positive and constructive comments please keep them coming