Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yutyjytj

Complex Modelling For Tap

Guest yutyjytj

i thought id set a design challenge for modeling this mixer tap, its quiet complex, i have 2 images showing top and side profile, i am currently working on modeling this, if any one wants to try modeling this as a challenge then you can do, and please post images of your work that would be great.

post-24160-1266068019.jpg

post-24160-1266068029.jpg

Guest 3dmodeller

That design is not complex, I model such items for a living. Why do you want it modelled?

Realistically you could do that in a couple of hours.

I'm intrigued as to why you should want to set a challenge that you haven't modelled!!!

Guest 3dmodeller

30 minutes my ar@e. Well why dont you post up the model or images of the final Cad model? Obviously it will have perfect surface definition with complete curvature and surface continuity. I look forward to seeing the cowboy modelling!!!!

Guest yutyjytj
30 minutes my ar@e. Well why dont you post up the model or images of the final Cad model? Obviously it will have perfect surface definition with complete curvature and surface continuity. I look forward to seeing the cowboy modelling!!!!

u have no manners, the one who sounds like the cow boy is obviously u, i have been solid modelling for 9 years im telling you from experience it only takes 30 mins to model this, that's why i put it up as a quick challenge, i have already done this design you know why? because the company i work for manufactured this mixer tap, some of the surfaces are complex that's why i put it up as a challenge, i still think you should try this you it would be good practise for u

just give it a go for fun, whats there to be angry about? if your not interested then just ignore this topic, im not here to argue pal, i have better things to do

Guest 3dmodeller

Good practice!!!! The gaul of it, before you start to preach I would suggest that you learn to write English.

Your models and designs must be outstanding if it takes you 30 mins to model!!!!

I unfortunalty have worked with so called "designers" such as yourself who claim that it only takes 30 mins to model something. With them having modelled the design it then takes a proper designer several hours to sort out the sort cuts and poor modelling standards. i.e Cowboy.

Guest JelleT

The global shape (incl. curvature continuity) is definitely feasible in 30 minutes. Its the further detailling I am more afraid of.

Out of curiosity are these taps modelled in Solids or Surfaces in real life?

(This is an international forum, stop making fun of other its writing in English. Correct it if you will.)

Guest yutyjytj
The global shape (incl. curvature continuity) is definitely feasible in 30 minutes. Its the further detailling I am more afraid of.

Out of curiosity are these taps modelled in Solids or Surfaces in real life?

(This is an international forum, stop making fun of other its writing in English. Correct it if you will.)

we used uni graphics to model the taps

Guest yutyjytj
Good practice!!!! The gaul of it, before you start to preach I would suggest that you learn to write English.

Your models and designs must be outstanding if it takes you 30 mins to model!!!!

I unfortunalty have worked with so called "designers" such as yourself who claim that it only takes 30 mins to model something. With them having modelled the design it then takes a proper designer several hours to sort out the sort cuts and poor modelling standards. i.e Cowboy.

you talking about my English, lets not go there trust me when i say this, i am way more educated then u will ever be, look at the spelling errors you have made in your last reply

yes it takes hours to model and manufacture a product in this case the mixer tap, we spend allot of time with the material selection stress analysis work and modeling, BUT were not doing that here on this forum.

you take things out of context, its just a simple design with a little complex geometry, i feel it would be a good challenge to try modeling this, realistically it would take 30 mins to model this, in solid works pro e or catia.

you sound like a real time waster who has all the time in the world, well i am a busy guy i aint wasting any more time on you.

Guest yutyjytj
we used uni graphics to model the taps

So surfaces then..?

we use the cad geometry to create this product using techniques such as cnc milling, gravity die casting we use mostly aluminum alloy different grades such as A360, A380, A383

the process we use is,

Die Casting , high precision machining using our CNC lathes, milling, drilling, grinding machines

for surface finish depending on what our client requirements are we perform chrome plating, sandblasting, painting, anodizing, powder coating, electrophoresis etc

its not an easy product to manufacture can be time consuming

This is productdesignforums, not englishspeakingforums- so lets talk about the specific problem. 3dmodeller, why dont you wait and see how this model is done. I tend to agree that this is a simple model- basic sweeps and blends/fillets- and you could do it relatively fast if you have a system.

Guest henry81
i thought id set a design challenge for modeling this mixer tap, its quiet complex, i have 2 images showing top and side profile, i am currently working on modeling this, if any one wants to try modeling this as a challenge then you can do, and please post images of your work that would be great.

did anybody tried seems like bit complex.... i think they must rounded and polished the surface so that there is smooth curve through out

Guest MikahB

I played around with it for a couple hours today just to see what I'd come up with. It's relatively straightforward, though admittedly my model is not quite right on the bottom where the three arms converge. A bit more playing around would get it there though.

Modeled and rendered (kinda) with Inventor 2010.

post-33040-1268521124.png

Guest henry81
I played around with it for a couple hours today just to see what I'd come up with. It's relatively straightforward, though admittedly my model is not quite right on the bottom where the three arms converge. A bit more playing around would get it there though.

Modeled and rendered (kinda) with Inventor 2010.

my self explanatory tutorial for others to learn ... best regards

please don't fight in forum either help or keep your mouth shut up !! show your ego in your own family you will get good returns that will make u change don't show ego to unknown brothers :P

Hope people become more helpful and grow up !!

ALBERT HENRY

post-6940-1268555976.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.