Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
roelontwerpt

Saab Concept

As most of you will know, Saab has been taken over by the tiny dutch company Spijker, and the big man of Spijker has indicated that some new models will be launched in the coming years, that will have the feeling of the 'old' Saab models of the past.

Something else is that new inventions for better cars are shown all the time, but a lot of these ideas never make it to production vehicles. I've taken a first shot at it, based on a very streamlined honda, http://www.aerocivic.com/. Maybe something else that can be used is a golfball like surface like http://www.yourdiscovery.com/video/mythbusters-dimpled-car/

So, what should the new Saab look like and what inventions could be incorperated in this car?

post-1434-1265829643.jpg

post-1434-1265829657.jpg

post-1434-1265829683.jpg

Guest Phart

interesting idea, but I don't think the design looks very attractive, but that's my opinion, it looks like Saab though!

Maybe I should explain my intention a bit better. The pictures I made are just a rough sketch, a startpoint. I hope to get some feedback on that and maybe some original ideas that I can use to make the design better.

>Phart, that's exactly what I was thinking, :D but hey, form follows function!

Guest Eminar Design Co.

I agree with the above, the aesthetics of the car are very limited. More surface modelling in the cad package would give possibly more flowing lines??

Maybe some sketches to illustrate some form of the car could supplement the CAD design?

Guest Steve.id

I would suggest that you ditch the CAD modelling until later in the process and return to pen and paper to explore the form and detailing with more freedom.....fortunately you can use that CAD model as a base to trace over to accomplish realistic proportions etc

I believe your on the right track especially with accomplishing the SAAB form and interested to see how you progress...in regard to the solar panel really look at forecasting the solar technology

Also BMW's Gina idea could be something very interesting to explore and develop as something of your own....