Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest menghui

Chinese Graphic Designer-chris Meng

Guest menghui

Hi Friends,

it's been awhile since last visit, during these time, I was preparing my own design website ,

right now, this site is opening , please go and have a look: CREATIVE86.COM

If you have any questions or suggestions either about my site or china design, please feel free to post your thought!

Here in Beijing , now is Friday night of 22nd. Jan.

Hope everyone have a great weekend!

Chris Meng

post-8360-1264171224.gif

post-8360-1264171240.gif

Guest menghui

Please feel free to contact me!

Hi Friends,

it's been awhile since last visit, during these time, I was preparing my own design website ,

right now, this site is opening , please go and have a look: CREATIVE86.COM

If you have any questions or suggestions either about my site or china design, please feel free to post your thought!

Here in Beijing , now is Friday night of 22nd. Jan.

Hope everyone have a great weekend!

Chris Meng

Guest Taro

my little comments would be, you should work on the website a little bit more. Otherwise, at the very least, work on the text.

And double check your grammar, and use of vocabulary.

Also, is there a reason why you don't address yourself as "I" ? You are saying "Chris Meng will --------------- He will --------" I think you should be able to say with confidence, "I will ----"

Guest menghui
my little comments would be, you should work on the website a little bit more. Otherwise, at the very least, work on the text.

And double check your grammar, and use of vocabulary.

Also, is there a reason why you don't address yourself as "I" ? You are saying "Chris Meng will --------------- He will --------" I think you should be able to say with confidence, "I will ----"

Hi Taro, Thank you so much for your suggestion, yes, I will do revision soon.

Regarding to the word"I" , I want my website looks more formal other than personal,

Coz design needs business, so the combination of intellectual and intuitive aspects

are important I think!

So what's you point when design meets business, you want you character to be intuitive or intellectual ?

Thanks again!

Guest menghui
the header on your site is too big. It takes up half the screen.

Hi Karl, Thanks for your kindly suggestion, I will make your opinions into consideration

when the updated version of my site debuts !

hope we could have more talks soon.

Blessings,

Guest Taro

well, since I can understand Mandarin, so I can understand what you are talking about.

It makes sense in Mandarin if you say "XXXXXXX will accomplish this for you"

Yet, in English, if you say something like that, it makes you sound like a product. Like, a product that does a job, and maybe it does it well. But a product is dead, it doesn't have creativity, or innovation.

Of course, there are a million ways to put things together, and as long as you show your passion, people should sense it. Just my little opinion.

--------------------------------------

just looked at your site again, and I think your font style might want to change too. If you can, make them slightly lighter, or give them a slight transparency to them. It will bring out alot of surprises to your website.

And as your front page, maybe it is not so good to start with a very 'opinion' based thing, because that may cause people to think... hmm... I wonder if this guy knows what he is talking about. Take for example, if I was a client, and my previous design team did ALL their work on the computer, and successfully sold the product to the world, then I will definately disagree with your first sentence <---- which means I won't go on to read it.

Instead, MAYBE it is better to start with a little introduction of CREATIVE86, why is it called creative86? whats the background? what is the culture? what is your working method and process?? Let the client first be interested, then let him agree with you on your designs.

And when I press 'read more' it shows me a WALL of texts which maybe I don't want to read on anymore. You can think about how you can catergorize your content so that clients can still get your message, but in a shorter form each time.

And you said you are mainly graphic design right? So you must have a website that looks different from others. Right now, it looks like a normal everyday site/blog. nothing cool, nothing special, just contents.

And I strongly encourage you to take a photo of yourself that expresses a kind of emotion, message, or something. Maybe a black and white photo, or a photo of you designing could all work better than just a photo of your standing.

Personally, I really don't like the "HIRE ME" section, I think it doesn't need to be there, just put it everything, your phone your email, nicely organized into your contact information.

Guest Karl Baxter

I had a bit more of a look at this site. If you are selling design services I think you need to do some more work on it. The scrolling down to look at things is annoying - especially if you are not on a mac, which is where most people looking for graphic design services are working from. And I agree with Taro, it is very run of the mill - it does not look designed, rather it looks like a generic template kind of site. Get a native speaker to proofread and edit the English. Don't put all your work up, only worthy pieces. Those CD Covers are not worthy. Some of the logos are pretty cool, but not all. I think you should check out some other design websites and take a few cues from them. Clean, intuitive and if not unique, well executed.

Guest menghui
well, since I can understand Mandarin, so I can understand what you are talking about.

It makes sense in Mandarin if you say "XXXXXXX will accomplish this for you"

Yet, in English, if you say something like that, it makes you sound like a product. Like, a product that does a job, and maybe it does it well. But a product is dead, it doesn't have creativity, or innovation.

Of course, there are a million ways to put things together, and as long as you show your passion, people should sense it. Just my little opinion.

--------------------------------------

just looked at your site again, and I think your font style might want to change too. If you can, make them slightly lighter, or give them a slight transparency to them. It will bring out alot of surprises to your website.

And as your front page, maybe it is not so good to start with a very 'opinion' based thing, because that may cause people to think... hmm... I wonder if this guy knows what he is talking about. Take for example, if I was a client, and my previous design team did ALL their work on the computer, and successfully sold the product to the world, then I will definately disagree with your first sentence <---- which means I won't go on to read it.

Instead, MAYBE it is better to start with a little introduction of CREATIVE86, why is it called creative86? whats the background? what is the culture? what is your working method and process?? Let the client first be interested, then let him agree with you on your designs.

And when I press 'read more' it shows me a WALL of texts which maybe I don't want to read on anymore. You can think about how you can catergorize your content so that clients can still get your message, but in a shorter form each time.

And you said you are mainly graphic design right? So you must have a website that looks different from others. Right now, it looks like a normal everyday site/blog. nothing cool, nothing special, just contents.

And I strongly encourage you to take a photo of yourself that expresses a kind of emotion, message, or something. Maybe a black and white photo, or a photo of you designing could all work better than just a photo of your standing.

Personally, I really don't like the "HIRE ME" section, I think it doesn't need to be there, just put it everything, your phone your email, nicely organized into your contact information.

Hi Taro,Thanks so much , really appreciate it :thumbsup: !!

Yes, regarding to C86's text, I really appreciate your idea about adding transparent effect a bit, now I couldn't imagine how wonderful it is gonna to be, so I will soon take it into action.

In terms of the "DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY" opinion, which is my slogan of core advantage of my design service, coz not only do I give my client a wonderful and amazing visual product, but also I could have things like "Code or DATA "which means they could make the effect precisely executed (like color code and detail measurement and so on). sorry, maybe my english capability is not native , but I will try my best in everyday practice. and grateful that you guys have been helping me a lot so far !

Later,I will completely be doing best effort on CREATIVE86 optimization, including adding more of my works, like product and digital stuffs which have already been scheduled to be added to "OUTSIDE THE BOX " section.

Thanks for everything you have suggested,I will make the site to be better and better ! 

Guest menghui
I had a bit more of a look at this site. If you are selling design services I think you need to do some more work on it. The scrolling down to look at things is annoying - especially if you are not on a mac, which is where most people looking for graphic design services are working from. And I agree with Taro, it is very run of the mill - it does not look designed, rather it looks like a generic template kind of site. Get a native speaker to proofread and edit the English. Don't put all your work up, only worthy pieces. Those CD Covers are not worthy. Some of the logos are pretty cool, but not all. I think you should check out some other design websites and take a few cues from them. Clean, intuitive and if not unique, well executed.

Karl, Thanks again for your comments !

As you said the visual effect was not like graphic style, that's can be accepted from most designers' point.

I will make it into consideration later when doing updating.

But, as my type of job, not only do i have to design stuff, but I need to handle other aspects related to IP application.

so the site needs to be more formal and having business style. however, only with this and it can't knock me out, so I want it to give C86 audiences an unexpected surprise, for instance, I could care more about the details of the site, and having easy navigation , and clean user interface as well. so let the site to be permanently good rather than being flashy.

Btw, some great works will be shown soon, hope you could take a look then !

Guest menghui

I was majoring in ID during college life,

but right now, I am working mostly on the field of graphic and digital designs,

however, the ID really affects me permanently, so from my graphic works,

you could also receive a sense of mixture of functional , simple and symbolistic ways.

This design style can be named as "NEO-MODERNISM" in the design history.

So with these post, I will post some great sentences which comes from the resource that I have been

reading of, called <<HOW TO THINK LIKE A GREAT GRAPHIC DESIGNER>> Written By Debbie Millman .