A paying customer....

#3 vander

vander

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

^lol, its unfortunate how this becomes the reality for so many designers once out in the real world. It is true that very few designers get to just design things that they want to design, and just end up working on client projects which they could really care less about.

That is not to say we won't put 110% into client designs, but given the opportunity i think most designers would love to be able to strike out on their own to pursue their own designs and ideas that interest them most.

Personally I am motivated by the infinite possibilities that design offers, their is always a new challenge, and no one design is ever the same as the next. The other thing that motivates me is that opportunities can just be a phone call or email away. I recently received an email from a company in Europe who is interested in investing in one of my designs :)

#4 advancedboy

advancedboy

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Cars, aviation, science, US, nature, space, etc.

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

L O V E. Stubborn like a ram, unstoppable like a river, properly orchestrated moves mountains.

#5 idesign1

idesign1

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

^lol, its unfortunate how this becomes the reality for so many designers once out in the real world. It is true that very few designers get to just design things that they want to design, and just end up working on client projects which they could really care less about.

That is not to say we won't put 110% into client designs, but given the opportunity i think most designers would love to be able to strike out on their own to pursue their own designs and ideas that interest them most.

Personally I am motivated by the infinite possibilities that design offers, their is always a new challenge, and no one design is ever the same as the next. The other thing that motivates me is that opportunities can just be a phone call or email away. I recently received an email from a company in Europe who is interested in investing in one of my designs :)

Hi. Can you please elaborate on the expeience you had with the company in europe. How did they know of your product, how did you protect the intellectual property. Did you consider you may be ripped off. I am in the position of showing some prototypes to someone and even with Design registration I am worried. what was your experience? I am very curious.

Thank you

Cheers

#6 cash68

cash68

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Cars. Boats. Vintage stereos. Dogs. Design. Skiing.
  • At:BjorktenBit7

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

ZOMBIE THREADD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tim_meh likes this

#7 GonzoInventor

GonzoInventor

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hunger for change.
Hi, I'm Duncan. I run a small creative studio in Haarlem where I design things, listen to music, tweet, blog and drink a lot of tea.

#8 designworks

designworks

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

The obvious need for it... ;)

#9 LukeDavidAlden

LukeDavidAlden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • At:Geojobi.com

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I like vander's response above.

It is rare that designers get into a possition where they can innovate freely for the right reasons (like creating the best design)

There are some who can't help but innovate which can get them in trouble when their boss just wants the job done quickly.
Luke Alden

*Coming soon: www.geojobi.com! - The job board for SolidWorks® designers*

Geojobi® uses Patent Pending technology to help designers find jobs efficiently, this animation shows it best!

If you would like more information please follow us on Twitter or Facebook or even LinkedIn. You can also register your interest on our website: www.geojobi.com!

#10 Dan.

Dan.

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Proving people wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet