Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
imran_othman

Illegal Racing

Your rendering skills are fine, I would give maybe 8 or 9 out of 10, but as to design 3 out of 10. it speaks vulgar unbalanced language, sorry. But I like that you aded Vince Diesel to your diesel car:)) By the way diesel race car sounds unpractical, diesels offer big Nm at low revs, while racing requires high power and torque at higher revs, unless you race on low speeds on street or extremely curvy racetracks. diesel would simply loose at higher speeds. Heard of any WRC diesel?

whut... i dont get it.

Haha...

i will try to rephrase, yeah...

Sorry for the engrish...

You owned a sports car

and you race illegally with it....

but you keep on losing (betting)

adding to your misery, the prices of gasoline keep on rising...

How can you sustain your passion for the need for speed?

......DIESEL!!

Your rendering skills are fine, I would give maybe 8 or 9 out of 10, but as to design 3 out of 10. it speaks vulgar unbalanced language, sorry. But I like that you aded Vince Diesel to your diesel car:))

haha..... cool

Love it.

hey....thanks....

anyone else... comments?

So if your car wasn't fast enough to race illegally, and you didn't have enough money to make it faster, the correct solution would be to buy another car that ran on cheaper fuel? That pretense is a bit silly.

The renderings are sharp but the actual design and proportions seem rather unresolved. The front seems very blobbed on and the sides seem to have too many elements running around that don't really connect with anything on the front or back of the car. Overall it looks like each piece was designed on it's own and not as a cohesive design. Also a lot of your proportions are very cartoonish. The wrapping of the panels around the wheels is ok in sketches, but looks cartoonish in renderings. Also the greenhouse is so narrow it looks like the car is a single seater, and again adds to that cartoon look.

If you want to improve the design, I would take some of the intent in your original sketches, simplify some of the elements and understand how to surface those in 3D, then work over blueprints of an existing car in 3D to make sure you have some realism around the proportions (like where the people and engine need to fit).

Love it.

hey....thanks....

anyone else... comments?

So if your car wasn't fast enough to race illegally, and you didn't have enough money to make it faster, the correct solution would be to buy another car that ran on cheaper fuel? That pretense is a bit silly.

The renderings are sharp but the actual design and proportions seem rather unresolved. The front seems very blobbed on and the sides seem to have too many elements running around that don't really connect with anything on the front or back of the car. Overall it looks like each piece was designed on it's own and not as a cohesive design. Also a lot of your proportions are very cartoonish. The wrapping of the panels around the wheels is ok in sketches, but looks cartoonish in renderings. Also the greenhouse is so narrow it looks like the car is a single seater, and again adds to that cartoon look.

If you want to improve the design, I would take some of the intent in your original sketches, simplify some of the elements and understand how to surface those in 3D, then work over blueprints of an existing car in 3D to make sure you have some realism around the proportions (like where the people and engine need to fit).

wow... its diesel hybrid by the way

kinda like......

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10708293740/pe...hybrid-for-2010

so if it has a bigger cc, it might go faster, yeah...

but thanks for the advice on the proportion

will do that next time...

thanks

PS: its kinda like colani's seating and engine placement

http://www.thechaparralfiles.com/img/Misce...20Chaparral.jpg

Guest nicanor

Even though it's all hypothetical (won't really be built), why didn't you choose electric motor? 100% torque 100% of the time, plus more "green" than diesel.

Design-wise personal opinion: some angles looks cool... other angles, not-so. "Good design should look good at all angles". Overall I like the feel and direction it's going.

Research-wise: a lot of missing elements of street racing if that's your target audience. It seems more like pro-end GT racing (McLaren, Corvette, 911, etc) than amateur illegal racing scene.

By the way diesel race car sounds unpractical, diesels offer big Nm at low revs, while racing requires high power and torque at higher revs, unless you race on low speeds on street or extremely curvy racetracks. diesel would simply loose at higher speeds. Heard of any WRC diesel?

Dude, ever heard of Audi R10 or Peugeot 908?

Doesn't seem like...

for example http://www.insideline.com/audi/lemans/its-...mans-racer.html

I mean even the Q5 of a colleague has 300HP, 600Nm of torque and does around 250km/h (3.0 TDI - with chip).

Guest under-dog

I am no car expert but....

Arent most cars(especially racing cars) designed so that the air flow helps push them down onto the track/road to give better traction and keep from "lift" occuring at high speeds.

The front end appears to be a almost a reverse of this. Almost like the shape you would find on the bottom of a speed boat. If you have ever seen what happens to those things when they get too much lift onder them......

By the way diesel race car sounds unpractical, diesels offer big Nm at low revs, while racing requires high power and torque at higher revs, unless you race on low speeds on street or extremely curvy racetracks. diesel would simply loose at higher speeds. Heard of any WRC diesel?

Dude, ever heard of Audi R10 or Peugeot 908?

Doesn't seem like...

for example http://www.insideline.com/audi/lemans/its-...mans-racer.html

I mean even the Q5 of a colleague has 300HP, 600Nm of torque and does around 250km/h (3.0 TDI - with chip).

I don't know if anyone is necessarily questioning the potency of diesel, but if the premise of this design is "you keep losing money racing, so buy a new car which is a ~$100,000 diesel super car" - yet even the comparable diesel supercar concepts like the Audi R8 Diesel were only making 500 horsepower.

Doing the "Street racer math" that means you could buy a 505 Horsepower Corvette Z06 for $70,000 and still have $30,000 for gambling and gasoline.

If the premise is to design a car, design a car - but avoid the confusing back story about why it's "designed for illegal street racing with high gas prices" cause it's just silly.