Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Guest Tudoran Liviu

Product Design

Guest okomta

it's awesome man,,,sorry i'm new bie,,and not speak english very fluently..

goodwork,,keep spirit high..

okomta

Guest Tudoran Liviu
Wow man! you have a huge folio!

Your very good at trans and this just adds to your rep.

Very nice, sculptural forms on these designs and it looks like you put good research into them as well

awesome stuff

Thank you :)

Guest Tudoran Liviu
Well done. What wide is your sketchtablet?!

thank you, a4 intuos 4 :)

very nice ideas , and great sketches. I like the coffee machines the most.

thanks sfaz! :)

Guest Buff

Conceptually and presentation wise I think you're pretty awesome.

I would just reiterate some of the comments already made though.

In the main I think many of your designs upon a cursory glance look manufacturable, but it would also appear that at this stage of your vocational development much of the manufacturing know how would have to be left to an engineer and that may result in the design intent becoming diluted.

This is not a criticism levied at just you. In actual fact its levied at education as too may ID students leave uni with not enough knowledge of manufacturing and what is and what isn’t achievable.

That said, good concepts stimulate adventurous engineers into finding new and innovative ways of making things and that can shift product off the shelves... It’s the name of the game.

I like your prams. I agree that they are a little too futuristic, not for me but for a buying public. Joe/Jane Public likes concept stuff, but he/she like to keep it at a distance at exhibitions and gadget blogs, but Joe/Jane Public isn't very interested in buying them, as they make them feel too uncomfortable.

Good design should give something that cossets the buyer with something familiar whilst also offering something contemporary and out reaching.

Please don’t take this as a negative, I'm just offering my $0.02 worth of opinion based on my experiences designing product not to portfolio/CV/Internship, but for paying clients who want to see realisable, manufacturable, PROFITABLE product leaving their warehouses, and In the main that's what you'll end up doing after you leave education.

As an employer I would be MUCH more likely to give you a job based on a portfolio with less conceptual work and a good deal more practical product design where you demonstrate your understanding of commercial and manufacturing constraints

Guest Ram_pillai
baby strollers...

Really well represented ideas...u can start building real life models or prototypes to strenghten your portfolio...

.....otherwise awesome....

Guest P_codling

Great sketch work, makes me jealous to tell the truth.

Some depth in one or two of the projects would make you seem a more rounded candidate though, delving into how they would be poduced always changes a project and makes it more realistic.

Good luck!

these are words coming from an inexperienced year 9 student

but i love your designs, especially your slick presentation skills

(what program did you use to model these?)

Nice designs, I like them as concepts, but as father of small kids I wold think twice to put kids in some of Your designs. Kids need to fell fabric near them, worm materials not plastic and hard surfaces. You need to think more about what people will put inside, and along great design you will have great product. For now, it look more like supermarket chart then baby strollers.

Coffee machines look great, vacuum cleaners look great too, all but wheel looking like one, as i think that one is not stable enough.

All this is only my opinion, I am not pro designer, I make CAD parts from designs other give me. Can You tell me what you use for rendering images? And do You make models in Rhino or some other software?

Your sketches are great. In the final render of your handheld vacuum cleaner the handle doesn't look ergonomical. You might want to make the back end thinner. Good luck

I loved the last rendering of the hand vacuum.

I worry about stroller #1. I like the design, especially the wheels. But. Maneuvering strollers through crowds is a HUGE pain. That stroller looks a bit wide.

I agree with Kronos - from a conceptual point of view, the work is amazing, you have a real flare for achieving high impact aesthetics in the design work. But the downside is that there's no evidence of taking tangible research - i.e. what the USER wants from the product (mainly talking about the buggy here) and delivering a concept which solves the issue identified from the brief. It's very easy for a designer to design something they want to see rather than design something which is required (often derived from a specification)

But maybe again, this is perhaps where you can draw the faint line between the role of a mechanical design engineer as opposed to a industrial designer.

... there I've said my piece! Great work!