Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Sanzio Suv

Guest Eddie12
2-door SUV

Here's my 2 cents:

Your perspective is off, it'd be good practice for you to try to nail the perspective in your linework before attempting a rendering. Use guides, construction lines and overlays. There's a wealth of tutorials on design sketching around the interwebs.

Instead of manipulating an earlier rendering, try starting from scratch each time. Different views will clarify the overall form. Again, it'll help you to get better.

Questions about the design:

How does this improve upon what's already available. It can be a good exercise to design for an established brand, the brands philosophy and design language to produce a concept. Right now, your concept seems generic and not memorable. Try and differentiate more. In a thoughtful way. There's lots of useful books about product design and development that you could read if you're interested in industrial design.

Design the interior. Think about the entire user experience/interface. Arguably, the interior is more important than the exterior because thats where most of the product:user interaction occurs.

I don't think that all the design elements work together very well, especially your wheel hubs.

Lastly, you should look at concept sketches and renderings from automotive designers. You shouldn't necessarily be trying to achieve photorealism (if thats what you're going for... [your light source/reflections don't work with your shadows]), the work should be dynamic and emotive if you want to convince the viewer.

The detailing isn't bad and your overall rendering technique is improving but your perspective is still off.

Please, please download one or both of these videos, watch them and learn the technique. Then you'll never have to hear someone point this out again.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/pro...ve-Form-Drawing

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/pro...ow-to-Draw-Cars

How can I use layers? do I use my car pic as a background and then add another layer or what? How on earth I can simply draw a friggin shadow, then erase the friggin shadow say half way off without erasing the car? Where do I make the shadow , on the added layer, locked, unlocked, screwed, duplicated? I have no idea!!!!

Make the shadow layer underneath your main layer. Just make sure you haven't filled your main layer with a background color otherwise they won't show through.

Layers are fairly straight forward. Picture each one as a clear piece of film stacked on top of one another. When you create a new layer it is 100% clear. Anything you add to it will cover everything below it. Everything below it will be covered by what is above it.

You really need to read through the tutorials section. The fact that you asked this question means you're not reading about this stuff elsewhere and this information has already been gone over. Even if it isn't in the same packge the concepts are all exactly the same.

http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.php?showforum=58

Guest Taro

incase you don't know, you can change the layer transparency, so.. your layers may start at 100%, but you could lower it down so it becomes more transparent, and you can see your car underlay.

Thank you guys, I will try to explore the layers on the weekend, herer are some crappy doodles for shape exploring, should work more on perspective studying. Merry Christmas to everyone!

post-28725-1261594957.jpg

Slowly approaching what I wanted this Suv to look like. I will reconsider the wheels, headlights and rear slope -down.

post-28725-1262468590.jpg

Could you guys help me I don`t know how to calibrate the pen for Wacom. The manual said go to Wacom drive options or preferences,. There is no such thing as wacom drive, there is `pen flicks,``tablet Pc input panel`. So the pen simply goes friggin sideways not the places I move it. All I want is the freakin pen following the @#$@#$ cursor on the screen( paraphrasing Austin powers` All I wanted is the friggin sharks with laser beams`):)) Besides, is it possible to do lense correction within sketchpro?I want to ,say, cut out a wheel and do lense correcting.

Could you guys help me I don`t know how to calibrate the pen for Wacom. The manual said go to Wacom drive options or preferences,. There is no such thing as wacom drive, there is `pen flicks,``tablet Pc input panel`. So the pen simply goes friggin sideways not the places I move it. All I want is the freakin pen following the @#$@#$ cursor on the screen( paraphrasing Austin powers` All I wanted is the friggin sharks with laser beams`):)) Besides, is it possible to do lense correction within sketchpro?I want to ,say, cut out a wheel and do lense correcting.

Did you install the Wacom Drivers? If so in Windows there will be a Wacom Tablet Properties icon under control panel.

If you didn't install the drivers thats why this isn't working.

I don't know what you mean by "lens correction". You mean removing the pin cushion effect? Or do you mean just scaling/rotating the wheel so it's into the correct perspective? The first you can not do. The latter you can.

If you are familiar with ACDSee pro, it has a function called ` lense correction`, there you can drag the image by any corner and stretch it , widen, etc. from 6 active points. i would usually do that just to get wheel perspective, then cut out and paste in a copy picture. But it is hard to guess, so I thought maybe I can do `lense correction within some programme inside a lasso tool.

If you are familiar with ACDSee pro, it has a function called ` lense correction`, there you can drag the image by any corner and stretch it , widen, etc. from 6 active points. i would usually do that just to get wheel perspective, then cut out and paste in a copy picture. But it is hard to guess, so I thought maybe I can do `lense correction within some programme inside a lasso tool.

You want to use the transform tools in Photoshop for that. Sketchbook only has a limited number of transformation tools as it's made for sketching, not photo retouching.

I just checked that concept, as it was classified until NAIAS2010, and I have no connections to Gm Labs, I had no any chance of copying from them and would never do that anyway. And I am nowhere near their level of design. I am an amateur, a pretty mediocre, and abrasive one. At least so far.

I just checked that concept, as it was classified until NAIAS2010, and I have no connections to Gm Labs, I had no any chance of copying from them and would never do that anyway. And I am nowhere near their level of design. I am an amateur, a pretty mediocre, and abrasive one. At least so far.

I think that was probably meant to be taken as a complement, not as an implication of plagarism.