Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Sanzio Suv

This is still done with mouse , Iam stll waiting for Cintiq, then I will be able to practice more waved lines. Now I am working on sedan version of this. Also Motorola `Ndromeda phone is coming hopefully. The roof panels on this SUV are replaceable, you can simply slide out the panels and replace them with glass ones the way you like. if you need to carry a load on the roof you mus insert panels with hooks where the railing can be attached.

post-28725-1260737622.jpg

here is a fast doodle of `Ndromeda.The lower TFt screen is for buttons, which are digital and can be changed of size, location and colour and shape. Don`t bother of this ugliness, it is just a conceptual doodle which I will work on once I get Cintiq. Would it be possible that the upper screen would be a single screen that would work on both sides. Simply when you close the phone, the internal image simply mirror-flips on the other outside( I am talking the screen that has 14;47 on it). The hinge/pivot system will work on a single eccentric orb which will allow it to be opened and slightly tilted for seeing on the screen what camera is filming. The camera itself will be located in the block right under the digital ink screen module.The M logo will be used as a button for switching the phone on and off. When the phone is low on charge, the logo turns red, when charged- it is blue, while charging- green. You will be able to download various button configurations and styles from Motorola homepage.This will be the first camera that has a cap on the camera lens. And you guess it, it will have an M over it:)The camera itself is not visible here yet. besides, it might get a finger-print Id from HP and lens from Kodak( Retinar). The ID would be right on the mike area opening. So , when you open the phone, you simply put your finger on mike area to `log in`. Besides on the lower screen you can download any picture as a background, whether it be your mom, pet stone or bike:))))

post-28725-1260740233.jpg

Guest AutomóvilVerde

that phone is a really cool concept, but that hindge is way too small. It looks too delicate, it needs to be thicker.

( I am writing this to remind myself what I will need to do once I return home on weekend;))Alright, this is what needs to be done. The front tyre is too stretched needs the ellipse check. front hood stamping on the far side needs precision. The side window area should be slightly increased. the lines at places look blur, needs improvement. the a -pillar needs a notch of uplift angle.rearview mirror angle is off as well. If you watch this on CRT screens it might look too dark, for lcd screens should be exactly the right lighting. the rear integrated spoiler/roof needs thickening. rear caliper vent needs more precise shaping. front fender/bumper area needs to be slightly narrowed down. Door handles need fine -tuning and some facets need to be thickened slightly. rear wheel arch needs to be slightly decreased in diameter. the headlight needs vertical continuity into chrome mesh.Chrome waving line should be slightly tamed down,corners fine-tuned. hood line in the middle- unnatural tension near the slope down. blinkers need to be added to the headlight block. Add swivel line to mirrors.headlight area needs to be slightly increased. front bumper needs bottom part going slightly backwards.Slightly increase ground clearance. After that double check- window area height versus- total door height, wheelbase. rear slope versus front slope. tame down rear fender stamping, check the actual shape going into window area.

here is a fast doodle of `Ndromeda.The lower TFt screen is for buttons, which are digital and can be changed of size, location and colour and shape. Don`t bother of this ugliness, it is just a conceptual doodle which I will work on once I get Cintiq. Would it be possible that the upper screen would be a single screen that would work on both sides. Simply when you close the phone, the internal image simply mirror-flips on the other outside( I am talking the screen that has 14;47 on it). The hinge/pivot system will work on a single eccentric orb which will allow it to be opened and slightly tilted for seeing on the screen what camera is filming. The camera itself will be located in the block right under the digital ink screen module.The M logo will be used as a button for switching the phone on and off. When the phone is low on charge, the logo turns red, when charged- it is blue, while charging- green. You will be able to download various button configurations and styles from Motorola homepage.This will be the first camera that has a cap on the camera lens. And you guess it, it will have an M over it:)The camera itself is not visible here yet. besides, it might get a finger-print Id from HP and lens from Kodak( Retinar). The ID would be right on the mike area opening. So , when you open the phone, you simply put your finger on mike area to `log in`. Besides on the lower screen you can download any picture as a background, whether it be your mom, pet stone or bike:))))

Why do you need to have the third display? Why couldn't you display this information on one of your two other displays?

Why do you WANT a camera lens cap? Lens caps are argubly one of the most annoying parts of a camera because they fall off and dangle around. A cell phone camera is only a few MM wide and is easily protected by being slightly recessed with a strong lense material.

What would this product bring that is "new" to the table. They already have phones with display changing keypads, biometric fingerprint readers, and displays on both sides. Plus the real world thickness if you used 2 LCD's would be very large. Thats why phones with transforming keypads either use E-ink displays or just a backlit film that can mechanically change.

Some people see things as they are and say why, I dream things that never were and say why not...( US President)

Besides, my V9 has a cap for a charger outlet , which is used as often as camera. Why not have a single prolonged cap that would cover both at the same time, simply move the charging outlet closer to the lens. well, if there is a phone on the market that has all these functions, just tell me, i will buy it right now. And I will go online just to make sure to download those stylish digital button styles. What was that phone again...:)))?

Guest Taro

your designs aren't perfect, so don't act like it is always perfect and tell people to find the perfect one that is on the market already for you all the time lol, for your phone, and your previous cars.

when designing anything, phone for example, is not like, you draw it that way, you think it is going to function that way, and it is going to function that way. Ever thought of how technology could limit your design?

A good brand to look at is Apple, they design with technology, as technology moves on, their design moves on and make sure their design and current technology stays equal to each other. So, as far as current technology go, there is NO WAY your phone can have all the function YOU want, and still be that size, that shape, especially that thickness, it looks super fragile and barely fits anything. It looks like maybe it would only fit the layers of the screen parts, thats about it.

And for something like phone, just because it is smaller doesn't mean it is better. Phone should be reasonable portable, and most importantly, the grip of the hand in relation with the phone... something that thin would first, not be comfortable to hold, if anyone could actually hold on to it and not drop it.

When you are drawing this thing, you don't need unnecessary details, but you do need to explain how it functions/moves. Your hinges don't make sense, and according to your drawing, it will be super hard to flip it open once it's closed. Also, don't put weird background, that purple line doesn't do anything but distracts the whole image.

And like mention previously, why do you need 3 screens? Or actually, do you think human eyes can handle 3 screens? If not, it is not necessary. It is like how you can't text and look at what you are texting at the same time, your cone of vision is too small at such a short distance.

well, I have never said my designs are perfect, I actually criticize them myself, the difference is I try to attack details, point by point. Actually my designs mostly suck, yet I like the small steps forward, and the zeal. The purple line is drawn just to show that the upper part has a hole in it, I didn`t know how else simply to depict that in a sketch. the thickness will be increased slightly, and I wil make details on the hinge system later when the rendering is done. the middle screen of digital ink will portray only the most important functions, and once you close it, it becomes an external screen. it could even probably blink out, once it is opened. You will only have to look at the lower screen like keypad, . The problem is Motorola( like most of American companies) have always had problems with precision fit and finish, so the butttons usually had significant gaps around them, well, Blackberry still has. Making the screen a digital touchscreen would help to eliminate the problem. instead of thinking why it is impossible, why not concentrate how to make it possible. Interestingly, you mentioned Apple, I wonder where would Apple be without over-advertizing and outsourced engineering? :)))) There are companies based on merits and there are companies based on vapourous legends.

Almost forgot, I need your help. Where can I get an eraser in Sketch pro that would erase only the previous application, for example If I draw a line over a cat`s photo, an eraser would erase the last application, the line, and not everything including the cat in the background. And is it possible that i could set any shape or line or an ellipse as an edge over which no swoosh would go over once I paint or shadow near it. Thanks for helping out.

The problem is Motorola( like most of American companies) have always had problems with precision fit and finish, so the butttons usually had significant gaps around them, well, Blackberry still has. Making the screen a digital touchscreen would help to eliminate the problem. instead of thinking why it is impossible, why not concentrate how to make it possible.

Signifigant? Like a quarter of a millimeter? Every phone that uses a conventional keypad requires gaps, because parts need to be molded in a machine and moved. If you listened to anything I could explain why phones, plastic housings, and virtually every object you use has part lines, reveals, shutoffs, etc, but since you don't I won't bother. You can just continue ranting about why "American" companies have poor quality rather than the reality of technology, engineering and manufacturing.

Having a 2 screen flip phone has nothing to do with impossibility. It's completely possible. The reason it hasn't been done? The phone would be @#$@#$ing huge. It's easy to make the display side of a phone thin, because if you cut it in half you would have a display, and two thin walls of plastic. The thickness is almost entirely the display (even thicker if you want a touch panel on top of it)

Now if you put a display in the bottom half, you can take the thickness of your phone as is and effectively stack another full slab on it because you now need a display, and the plastic, and the touch screen and the circuit board, and the components, and the battery, and even more plastic for the battery cover. You now have a phone that is as thick as most of the phones from the late 90's and no one will want to buy when they see it next to an iphone (hey, theres your customizable graphics).

Phones like this:

rokr-em30-1.jpg and the Samsung Alias:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/08/video-s...ypad-in-action/

have accomplished the customizable UI (for the purpose of IMPROVING the user interaction by hiding unused commands) without needing a screen. The advantage is that you now have good tactile feedback (vs a snapping screen like the Blackberry Storm or haptic feedback which is all rather poor) and a more intuitive UI. Admittedly as you said you can no longer make your mother and pet rock the background of your keypad. But has anyone in the history of time ever said "I wish my mum was hiding behind my buttons!"

Guest Taro

@advanceboy

you mean undo button right? just ctrl+z, or there is this little return button on bottom left of the program, you can go back.. i dont know how many times but alot.

Taro, I didn`t mean the `undo` button, if didn`t know that button I would be dead by now;)) I mean an eraser that erases the place of your last application. imagine if you add shade to your car, tit goes all over the car, the next step is you take the eraser and erase the edges so the car shape would go back to normal.The eraser would erase only the last thing you did, meaning parts ofthe shadow, but would not erase the previous applications on the car. I saw it done on sketcpro on youtube, but it was blurry, so I couldn`t identify which button he used.

Cyberdemon- my old v9 has toucshcreen( partly) with haptics( tactile function) and yet it is not thick.This screen doesn`t need to be able to display mp4, all it needs is the same level of graphic capabilities as the v9 external screen, just to depict buttons and easy pics.As to fit and finish, looks like only American companies have these mystical rules of moulding, while other companies simply defy the rules. VW constantly can hit 10 sector in fit and finish column( for example in `Car &Driver magazine, while Cadillac uberpremium STS can barely scrap an eight, usually flirting with sevens. What Americans have is `negligence to details` on industrial scale, whether it be a Bose headphone, gap-rich HP printer , whirlpool microwave or Pontiac regrille. I was observing for many years how Infinitis and Acuras would score 9 and 10 , step by step eating out US luxury segment, while US manufacturers thought to get away with it. Turns out they couldn`t get away with GGGGAAAAAPPPPPSSS. Do you realize how dangerous a rookie company like HTC is to your Motorola.? They have the music in them- the gaplessness sonata, which is an alpha precursor towards success.no matter how innovative or advertized you are, gaps kill everything(besides outsourcing expertize).

Guest Kaiyuan

^addressing your erasing thing:

So are you talking about like, you shade some parts of the car, but some of the shading goes over to a part where you do not want it to be shaded, so you want to erase that unwanted part without erasing the rest of the car?

I would say, use layers. Create a new layer for the shading so it does not interfere with the original body of the car, then erase the shading to your needs.

I dunno if that's what you're looking for, but hope it helps.