Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest markovicd

... B.a Industrial Design > Master Architecture

Guest markovicd

I am really soory for reposting this here... but i need really quick answer

Hi everyone in year i am going to finish Bachleor for industrial design, and i have one idea.

I want to try and enter Master but in ARCHITECTURE... because then i will be able to do industrial design and Architecutre... is it possible to do that ... ? anyone had expirience like that if it is possible ?

B.A ID > Master Architecture

Guest woli

Hi everyone in year i am going to finish Bachleor for industrial design, and i have one idea.

I want to try and enter Master but in ARCHITECTURE... because then i will be able to do industrial design and Architecutre... is it possible to do that ... ? anyone had expirience like that if it is possible ?

Hi,

It just so happens that a friend of mine studying Sustainable Architecture went on to do a Masters in Inclusive Product Design... a guy I studied with on my Product Design bachelors applied to 6 Architecture postgrad courses and was told by all that he didn't have anywhere near the right experience or knowledge.

Also, I don't think that having a bachelors in Id and a masters in architecture means that you can do, or is the the only way to do both necessarily. I've attended lectures by Oscar Pena and Wayne Hemmingway and they both said that in essence, if you're a designer you can design anything. In theory you could become an architect in the future even if you went on to study ID or even nothing at postgrad level.

I guess the best thing for you to do is ask one of your tutors at your college. If they don't know, phone up a college that offers an architecture course you like the sound of and ask them if you would qualify. If you need to know right now.. phone them.

Good luck either way.

Oli

Guest Amanda Lee

Well it's a good thing you already have a background in product design, you already have the idea of materials use in building construction. However, Architecture is a much broader field compared to Industrial Design. What you can do is enter Architecture in BS first, most of your units in Industrial design will get credited so it will only take you about two years to finish the course.