Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick Madsen

Nmadsen Sketches

The wall tiles are pretty cool. The mouse I don't think is quite there yet. I like the structural aspect of it but I feel like your material and color choices don't really help. I think you should take another look at this and refine it further.

Guest Nick Madsen

Thanks Bradford,

The white color is a very important part of the design because its inspired by Santiago Calatrava. Hes a modern architect and most (if not all) of his buildings are completely white in color so it was important to pull that design aspect from him into the mouse. Also, If there is a more direct light source that shown in the photos the white color allows for some really interesting contrasting shadows to appear.

Hope this helps to shed some light on my design decisions.

-Nick

Guest Nick Madsen

Ive recently started to take an initiative to learn how to draw figures- and parts of figures so that I can incorporate the human element into my design ideas. I think its important - people are who we design for.

post-33100-1276975834.jpg

post-33100-1276975856.jpg

Shading looks pretty good and the materials appear to be handled right. I would suggest you work on your concept. I know this is a quick drawing but it's like they say in sports, practice how you play. At first glance I thought this was some sort of power tool. Possibly a drill or maybe a router. Your choice of color, your form, and your treatment of surface give a very masculine feel, which isn't bad but you have to be careful how you do so.

If you want to communicate this is a mixer I would choose one of the two: masculine colors/surface treatment or edgy/new form factor. Trying to both at the same time makes this such a jump people just won't get it's a mixer. Does that make sense?

Guest Nick Madsen

Bradford, I think your right. Although it was just a quick fun sketch I do think its important to "walk the walk"

thanks

Guest Nick Madsen

What do you think about this one Bradford? I tried to use more flowing, feminine shapes and colors. What do you think? Is this what you were talking about?

post-33100-1279482044.jpg