Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

The Dorian Gray

here is a little progress on Sanzio. If my lines are annoying, I don`t care, I am moving forward. By no vocabulary of world you will convince me that this will be a bad design. Anyway.... Here it is. I decided to install this kind of mirror. Maybe it is too abrupt?by the way the front fnder stamping coming from wheel arch is supposed to have continuity in the lower attachment of the mirror. which itself is paralle to the opening in rear fender. The front fenfer on side has an opening ( not visible exactly) to extract air from hood. The rear fender opening is for venting calipers and air intake for rear-mounted engine. The door handle is hidden behind the small opening near the door which is also an air intake for engine as well. Observe how the air intake gravitationally lenses window line.

post-28725-1258317670.jpg

I tried to fine tune the length of the car and agression of some lines. Still I feel there are either too many elements or the roof rail or side facet should be different. I want this to be a world class design, of course I have no such sketching skills, but I can continuously improve and discipline myself. Is the front going ok?

post-28725-1258400390.jpg

Guest under-dog
I tried to fine tune the length of the car and agression of some lines. Still I feel there are either too many elements or the roof rail or side facet should be different. I want this to be a world class design, of course I have no such sketching skills, but I can continuously improve and discipline myself. Is the front going ok?

Why do you full out render(color more accurately) if you are working out elementary stages of the developement. Once again this is what methods of quick ideation are about. Notice I didnt say sketching in particular although sketching is one of those preferred methods. Designers use it because it is a quick way to work through ideas, forms, whatever before commiting heavily to any one direction. Particularly a bad one.

You pour so much energy,effort, time resources into "bedazzling" these drawings up before you really have all that you need to figure in out in a "sketching phase" figured out. They are not really sketches what you are doing here, more of worked up drawings. Please note that "worked up" does not always mean good. You can put 100 layers of fresh paint on a run down shack and it still wont be a mansion........

More importantly: What happened to the "Dorian Grey"? Wasnt this thread about that?

Edit: I wasnt trying to be too harsh but my point is that if you work out as many of the kinks early on before you pour everything you have heart and soul into a more worked up rendering or sculpture or whatever form of communication you choose your time will be used more efficiently.

the dorian gray is a bit on hold, as I want it to be really bad ass car. So I will work more on nuances and fine tune the proportions, wheel layout etc. I want to work out Sanzio in details, so it would look ok even if it was built 1 to 1 from rendering. Otherwise I have noticed that in many cases so -called cool design renderings ( especially the ones that are based on oversized wheels, undersized windows and color swooshes) cause problems once a model is getting built. For example oversized wheels need to be reduced, this causes the distortion in wheelbase , the car needs to be shortened,etc, you increase the window area, and the roof rail gets too tiny, etc. Actually I already have the visual image of most of the cars I render, that is why I don`t do many sketches.

Your rendering is getting better. There are still some perspective issues and a couple of weird, awkward pieces but I'd say your latest post is a step in the right direction.

Sketch more.