1. 1. Your idea about SILRER?

• Perfect
    • Nice Job
    • Good
    • Not Bad
    • Bad
    • Absurd

Guest JelleT

About the car, I don't like the front and side. It's too much in my opinion. Especially the side outlets make the car look small and breakable at the bottom. I would suggest making that whole outlet area just a little bit smaller.

The rear I like a lot accept for the taillights. They don't seem to merge with the spoiler and rear outlet.

In general, I do agree that the A pillar does seem thin comparing to the actual SLR, did you add thickness or flanges? This really helps a lot, when you want to make it look more realistic. Your window seems to be flush with your a pillar at the moment.

Its a good exercise but when working for brands you have to merge in some styling cues! Just add your own logo and name it coachbuild SLR ;-)

How does the designer verify that none of the shapes or surfaces added by sculptors do no ccontradict his ideas, beliefs and philosophy? Or he simply accepts them?

And another question- you mentioned that you don`t like Enzo. What exactly you don`t like about it.

Easy question,

The Design Director, Chief Designer or Senior Designer determines whether the sculptors did a good job implementing their sketches. If he didn't he has to modify. If the sculptor dares to implement some of his own ideas he'll be better of starting a company of his own. He won't be working at a OEM company for to long.

@cyberdemon, I do know some OEM company's where senior designers do the sketching and the clay modelling on their own. But like you said, most of the times they won't.

About the car, I don't like the front and side. It's too much in my opinion. Especially the side outlets make the car look small and breakable at the bottom. I would suggest making that whole outlet area just a little bit smaller.

The rear I like a lot accept for the taillights. They don't seem to merge with the spoiler and rear outlet.

In general, I do agree that the A pillar does seem thin comparing to the actual SLR, did you add thickness or flanges? This really helps a lot, when you want to make it look more realistic. Your window seems to be flush with your a pillar at the moment.

Its a good exercise but when working for brands you have to merge in some styling cues! Just add your own logo and name it coachbuild SLR ;-) ....

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to add some elements that makes this car more Mercedes!

I would like to know which company do you work? and which projects did you work?

Guest anesium

Very nice rendering. Technically impressive.

Design however, I think the car is ugly. Busy, unnecessary lines, blocky, harsh, lacks elegance.

Design however, I think the car is ugly. Busy, unnecessary lines, blocky, harsh, lacks elegance.

Oh yea. I was wondering how many dreadful adjectives do you know?

Guest JelleT

Its a good exercise but when working for brands you have to merge in some styling cues! Just add your own logo and name it coachbuild SLR ;-) ....

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to add some elements that makes this car more Mercedes!

I would like to know which company do you work? and which projects did you work?

I updated my profile and send you a PM ;-)

Guest PEDROBRAS

GREAT JOB, I EALLY LIKE IT, JUST COULDN'T MAKE ANYTHING BETTER THAN THAT...DON'T MIND SOME JEALOUS COMMENTS...KEEP WITH THE GREAT JOB DUDE...

Guest EsmondSit

Dude...what is your problem? If you can't take a negative comment, don't even open yourself to comments. You open this thread for public viewing and you hit back at those who actually took the time and effort to comment.

In my opinion, you only opened this thread for the sake of your ego. You don't care about comments. You only want nice "Good Job!!!" replies.

I was going to say I didn't like the design but what do you care?

L o_o

Dude...what is your problem? If you can't take a negative comment, don't even open yourself to comments. You open this thread for public viewing and you hit back at those who actually took the time and effort to comment.

In my opinion, you only opened this thread for the sake of your ego. You don't care about comments. You only want nice "Good Job!!!" replies.

L o_o

anesium answered me himself. i think it is none of your business. just post your comment. if you do not like the design, your opinion is honorable and i can ask you why. but when some guy give me 6 dreadful adjectives Blow By Blow i can understand that there is another problem (the "jealous" mean)!

Exactly like advancedboy.

THANKS PEDROBRAS.

Guest EsmondSit

L o_o

anesium answered me himself. i think it is none of your business. just post your comment. if you do not like the design, your opinion is honorable and i can ask you why. but when some guy give me 6 dreadful adjectives Blow By Blow i can understand that there is another problem (the "jealous" mean)!

Exactly like advancedboy.

THANKS PEDROBRAS.

You assumed that he was jealous. He gave you clear adjectives, adjectives that helped him describe his idea of the design.

Dreadful adjectives? Hardly

Guest EsmondSit

Well, it is true that the members here can be very straightforward. That's something everyone here has to face. However dreadful or harsh they may be though, most of the time they are just trying to help.

I'm sorry for my harsh comment. I should've known that perhaps you are not used to such comments. I hope you'll soon be able to take in every comment positively. All the best.

Peace. =]

Mister Shojaie, I gave you `outstanding` remark on your SUV design( well, except those taillights) , while I explicitly tried to explain what I didn`t like about your Silrer coupe. maybe you should start to differentiate `trashing` from `criticism`. And just because I consider your mercedes coupe `below mediocre` doesn`t mean that I think the same way about your potential or SUV design.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Also - I kind of want to call BS on that being modelled in sketchup. If it was that might be the worlds most unproductive use of time in the history of mankind.