76 members have voted

1. 1. Your idea about SILRER?

• Perfect
    • Nice Job
    • Good
    • Not Bad
    • Bad
    • Absurd

You can discard anything I say, but once you go knocking on doors at VW , Ford or Opel and they are always locked for you, don`t blame them.

Please do not worry about me. I am professional right now.

Dear advancedboy, please visit this link. Sure you know Car Body Design website. There are the Iranian designer works.

I am there also.

Click Here!

Mohammad,

The SUV you worked on is pretty cool.

I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously, but I do think you have some areas that could be refined without a lot of work that would polish up your final product. Fine tuning and experimenting with the little details can go a long way in the overall design.

A lot of nice designs there.It looks as if some of those cars of yours were designed of` different you`. So much diferent from this slr design . prbably you have multiple personality.

A lot of nice designs there.It looks as if some of those cars of yours were designed of` different you`. So much diferent from this slr design . prbably you have multiple personality.

I am just laughing.

Cyberdemon, Thanks and i am agree about some extra works. I 'll add SUV in another topic next days. I designed that suv with Iman Maghsoudi as well.

Don`t you have a dream of building a real car. to feel the paint covering it. feel the clay in hands and how the shape is being created?

Don`t you have a dream of building a real car. to feel the paint covering it. feel the clay in hands and how the shape is being created?

You do know that almost all professional clay work is done by automotive scupltors and not the designers themselves right? In many studios the designer is not allowed to even work on the clay (particularly the full size) because it is the scupltors role and not theirs. At the end of the day the final design of a car is not just the designers, but the designers, scupltors, and digital sculptors. It's the Alias jock who will be handing off final surfacing to production, and that guy is never the same guy who created the first sketches.

or do you have some other grandiose idea of how car design works in the real world?

Guest under-dog

I think it is pretty slick looking.

Busy..... and this is not necessarily a bad thing especially for a video game

Advanced boy....... no comment other than he definately keeps me entertained

How does the designer verify that none of the shapes or surfaces added by sculptors do no ccontradict his ideas, beliefs and philosophy? Or he simply accepts them?

And another question- you mentioned that you don`t like Enzo. What exactly you don`t like about it.

Guest woli
How does the designer verify that none of the shapes or surfaces added by sculptors do no ccontradict his ideas, beliefs and philosophy? Or he simply accepts them?

And another question- you mentioned that you don`t like Enzo. What exactly you don`t like about it.

Don't forget that the design and production team are just that, a team. I was fortunate enough to meet a guy that used to do some of the Alias work for Aston Martin and he told me many stories of how he'd be told to change curves, handles, even entire panels from the designer's original sketches for the sake of cheaper production or managements preferences. Said he'd sometimes have to incorporate these changes without the designer noticing too much but in any case, the finished design of a car is a collaboration of many people's skills and processes. I've had no experience in the auto industry but I don't imagine there is that much room for a stubborn designer's ego.

All that aside, considering its a design for a game I think it looks ace! The whole point of driving cars on your console is that its fantasy right? I'd kill to drive it! Can we see one of those clearer renders in a bolder colour?

Oli

Do you think i MUST like all cars? I am talking about design and it is a personal idea. If there was just one idea about cars then there was just one car manufacturer and just ONE model.

I am not attacking, I am curious as what elements or shapes seem distracting to you. The only thing that bothers me there ( besides price tag) are those side vents. The shape is beautiful but to me they look skinny in width, in thickness, looks from distance as if they are fragile and could be bendable by hand if incidentally touched. That is just my opinion. And what cars are very superb in your opinion as concerning design? Just curious.

have you noticed how design evolution has made the designs of cars soooo much more complex with much more elements and curvatures and stampings? Yet somoehow those designs today don`t get heavy on eyes. Today probably Opel Astra alone has more facets than all Opels combined in 1990ies.;) To my mind this is the golden age of car design as almost every company cranks out decent designs.