76 members have voted

1. 1. Your idea about SILRER?

• Perfect
    • Nice Job
    • Good
    • Not Bad
    • Bad
    • Absurd

If I may add something, just don`t get mad. i envy your sketching /application skills. But We are after design here, so I will concentrate on that. Your design looks too agressive. the problem is not the agression itself . The problem is that an overdone agression with too many lines is next to mild and round shapes. Watch the rear of your car. Be always careful when making skinny openings, as they look like simple jigsawed and bent outwards. maybe try to simply go over many of your elemnets and simply erase them and then watch if the design looks more beautiful or not. If not simply do `undo`. Look at your side ģills`. they seem to be fighting with everything, especially with the shape of windows. Your windows are bent mildly and roundish, while side gills are sharp and edgy and seem to have no reason to go at that angle, except where one aspect of line seemingly goes into wheel arch stamping. I see that you also have tried to make the gill slope parallel or continuous to a-pillar. Unfortunately evaluation ` absurd`` is too low, and ņot bad`` is too high.perspective and shadows and lights are fine, but simply i don`t care, you could draw a sketch on Aaardvarks back and i could give perfect ,if it had the language of integrated design. Also watch at what angle are the 2 gill ribs coming out from your gills, and at what angle they continue in the rear bumper/fender area. Now , get mad! Remember, a good design is the one that is equally well appreciated by a university professor of design and a janitor as well. The average one would be appreciated only by one of them;)))))

One more thing, maybe you simply should go out on street and check the way cars are actually built ,starting from bolts ,at what distance they are located within wheel arch from each other and ending with how the a pillar takes shape turning into front windshield or roof line. Observation can`t hurt you.

Guest Chambo

Me neither to be honest, but i think you have refined the enzo shape and made it tidy. good job!

1.Have a look at the a-pillar at this point. it looks rather slim, I would say it looks unnaturally slim compared to the massive thckness of nearby lines. As it is a structural strength part, it could be comparable to bones of an animal, and in this case, the bone would break. Some added thickness is necessary.

2. Unjustified agression. look how sjharp are the edges of the lines changing direction, gives an impression as if jigsawed out by a DeWalt. And when the opening goes down it doesn`t have a logical conclusion. Actually shapes can be agressive if there is sequence from rounder elements growing to sharper. All I see are rounded sides of bumper with agressive jigsawing of openings.

3.Those tyres are pretty massive, and such close configuration of bolts I haven`t seen in cars, which makes the wheel weak in latteral acceleration.

4.see, the stampings in front and rear arches have different thickness. That is no language of integrated design.

5.These 2 whiskers seem to be parallel to bumper cutting line and taillights., while the priority should be the whiskers` coming out from front `gills`. When the car will sit in shadow or dawn the bumper line will be no visible, yet the front and rear whiskers will be visible in wrong alignment at different angles. the principle of continuity (as seen by Advancedboy) 2 objects tend to make a continuity if they are actually one element seemingly interrupted by some other function. Two elements of different shapes tend towards parallelness, not continuity.

6.At such cutting line it would be quiet clumsy when the door gets opened, and a person might actually hurt his leg if hit by such a door.Color would quickly wear off revcealing naked metal, rust would go through it, and finally draft wind would slam the door incidentally onto your leg. Court.

7. look how much is the design struggling there -at first it adopts mild curvature then disappears in sharp edge underneath. What a rude design language. manners, sir.

8. Such size of letters would be put on trucks, not sophisticated sports cars. learn heraldics . Diminish the size.

9.Look how skinny is the line underneath the taillight, it is hard to even judge if that is a `german esques type ` of indecisiveness, or that is rim from air vent. Then again the taillight seems to have no inward/outward bending, seems as if it is a glued on sticker. It could work, unless the whole body language of the car wouldn`t cry the opposite.

10. maybe check out on real cars how those windows are actually created and what segment is actually occupied by a pillar, and what part is painted to hide the pillar behind the glass. be decisive , either bend the corner or make it sharp. In nature indecisiveness provoqes predators to attack.

11. That element is usually used in sports cars on tracks, and by no means represent a beauty element of cars, rather is used by downforce/turbulence reasons. Ok, I wil post your rendering once more to show fluidity disruption..

I apologize that I posted 2 pics together.

Alright. point1. watch the line underneath these dots and see how unnaturally tense and flat that line is compared to the curvature of roof . The way it goes over front wheel arch, seems that it has no gravitational lensing at any aspect. 2 things of big mass always have gravity attraction or repulsion ( nature teaches that to us), sseems that the line is so long.

2. see how at this point the edge is agressively disruptive. And the edges of gills are so sharp , and are very contradicting to the mild and round curvature of wheel arch or roof line. or even front hood/bumper slope.

3. see at the front part the edge is sharp, while art rear arch it is at different angle, provoking indecisiveness. Seee how at one point the design simply `escpes` and breaks underneath.

4. see how the wave is seemingly lifting up the whole bumper. Nothing else suggests such fast upward waving to be logical.

In point 5 you see a thing nature always tries to avoid. if there is a natural crevace or crack , no animals would have an external part ending gradually ina crack . This is done in nature so that no rocks or particles would get stuck. Nature tends to disrupt such openings by abrupt closures or rounded edges. the same symptom you can see in point seven where your part ends up in b-pillar. The edge would never slowly become thinner and thinner until disappearing. At one point close to b-pillar it would take a dramatic turn and simply quickly bend towards the b-pillar to get finished without `crevace` effect.

6. looks like you have observed some continuity ( bumper cutting line continues in door lower edge, etc), yet the trunk edge seems to disrupt the tradition comparably to the ` whiskers`.

8. As this is germanic` car probably we can avoid hi-class `lensing effect, but it would be nice to see how the emblem curves the lower rim of the spoiler. Germans will observe this function in years to come I hope.

9. This is indecisive. For the door to have a rail as in B-pillar( then you would also have c-pillar) it would need to be thicker , if there is no b-pillar, there is no necessitty for the gray line at all.

If I had to evaluate your design from 0 to 10, this one would deserve 6. I don`t evaluate your shadows, colour, etc as they seem to be of zero value in design . You can completely ignore me, as most designers consider me clueless anyway and probably I have no idea what design findamentals are. Cheers!

The blue line shows how the nature would have shaped it with gravitational lensing and fluidity. observe how the blue drawn line now creates a harmonious merger- the gill angles now have symmetry and paralellness to the front slope of bumper, and at the same time the front bumper slope now is harmonious to the wheel arch. Observe, how contradicting your original front fender slope-down was. Observe how the gravitational lensing of the massive wheel arch has an impact on hood curvature ,slightly lifting it upwards. Look where the center of mass is. In nature actually animals calculate distance to each other by approximating the distance to the center of visual mass. When a rabbit is running he doesn`t care how big or where the teeth of wolf are, he cares where the main mass is, as it allows him to maneuver away. When an animal or human sees an object for the first time , th eeyes automatically get fixated on the center of visual mass, only then they jot around to interesting elements. Your most agressive elements are gills, which are in front of visual mass of the car, making the eys instinctively jot from one point to other. I checked this out with many animals( 2 cats, a dog) catching them in surprise and then analyzing where their eyes were fixed at. funnily enough they instinctively look at your chest, where the visual center of mass is, only then to your head.

post-28725-1255643298.jpg

firstly, looking at the front part, I can`t find mirrors, really, i can`t. Also door handles are absent. Also there is no evidence that i could open the doors as well, as the `giant whiskers` are simply blocking them. Thirdly there is no hood line, underneath door railing connection , no hood lines, no fender lines. So from manyufacturability point I even don`t know wher to attach anything to the frame.

By the blue line I tried to show how nature bends around objects that have mass, and how air fluidity would smoothen it out. I tried to create the fluidity compared to the rear of your car, no to the perfect coefficient of drag.

Alright, the issues.

1.the point 1 could be considered by the eye of observer as the edge of the front bumper or starting point of slope-down. As you can see it is abrupt and has no comparable thickness to anything( observe how your hood intakes have almost no thickness at all). This disruptive edge at point one is especially contradictive to the same point located in rear end of the car, where the car would slope down.

2. this fij, wing, eleron, i don`t know what to call it, has no reason for this height, thickness, anything, it is abrupt, agresive, and looks unfinished. No continuity, lensing, etc.

3. i call this `paper thin` effect as the fender has no continuation in 3d axis it is rather 2 dimensional and the thickness of lower imprint on the edge of the front fender has no continuity, no justfiable thickness. No reasoning.

4. Sharp edges. nature always avoids sharp edges where fast metabolism is needeed. And external panels of a car are like skin.Blood needs to be supplied, thicken them.

My last suggestion from depth of my heart- Go outside in nature, observe the animals, see how the magic cat slopes and curves its divine back. Enjoy the panther leaping, see how a hip line plays magic underneath the skin of a dancer. Kiss a dog`s paw and slowly turn it over and you will see how God himself has shaped the little pillows in his paw. Embrace a bird that stands like a vase, with flowers of unseen beauty at its top. look at your fingers how they sing a harmony with your wrist at first, and then your wrist sings in shoulders, shoulders in chest. Enjoy a raindrop swallowing a firefly and with its water lense like Galilleo showing the beauty of its light. Watch the moon slowly sinking into the sea and slowly kissing a caramel thickness to horizon bending the light in gravitational fandango.. And have a nice day :blink:))))))))))))))

Guest AutomóvilVerde

i think it looks amazing, bit much for a production car, but for a videogame it's perfect. I wish mercedes would make something like this instead of the gullwing...

1. This car designed on MB SLR platform and some stuffs like pillars, doors, roof, glasses are exactly same. so please contact Mercedes Benz about that thin pillars.

2. I do not know where you found this rolls but that was my taught.

3. You are right. I am agree.

4. You are right again. I did not notice that. A bad mistake. It seems you looked at it for hours and hours.

5. I think it looks continuity.

6. It is a super car and just a concept and does not going to produce. If you are interested in this issue contact Lamborghini and other super cars manufacturers about passengers entry problems!!!

7. There was some parts that are hidden in shadow. I really do not understand you. IT WAS JUST FOR LAUGH, IS NOT IT!!!!!!?

8. I think you have not ever seen other Mercedes Benz models. For example the word KOMPERESSOR on rear. I will gave you an other instance.

9. It is yourself roll and keep it for yourself.

10. Read Number 1.

11. I know this but as i said i designed it for a game and i tried to make it exiting. This will use on track. OK?

PART2:

1. Some modeling mistakes and finish. no other thing to talk about.

2. !!!!!!?????????

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. I really do not have time to spend about your comment. It seems your worked for a day at this comment!

About your last comment: Yes. There is not mirror because i did not have any idea about an ideal mirror for this shape. maybe i add a camera instead. Doorhandles are hidden in most of super cars. For example: Koenigsegg, Lexus LFA Concept, Reventon (invisible because horizontal angle) and so on...

About Hood and Fender lines: I say again and again i did not design this car for produce.

The blue line is completely rejected because of SLR platform.

Sorry I can not read the rest.

post-14097-1255684892.jpg

i think it looks amazing, bit much for a production car, but for a videogame it's perfect. I wish mercedes would make something like this instead of the gullwing...

Thanks, I hope. :D

Guest Chambo

TBH mate it looks amazing, if it actually was produced then im sure it would be a big hit. Also I don't think advanceboy has any right to comment because his own designs are rubbish and contradict his own beliefs.

You can discard anything I say, but once you go knocking on doors at VW , Ford or Opel and they are always locked for you, don`t blame them.

You can discard anything I say, but once you go knocking on doors at VW , Ford or Opel and they are always locked for you, don`t blame them.

Please do not worry about me. I am professional right now.

Dear advancedboy, please visit this link. Sure you know Car Body Design website. There are the Iranian designer works.

I am there also.

Click Here!