Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Giotto Concept( Reloaded)

Guest lokilabs
Oh how I love these threads........

True true......He should become a writer.

Guest lokilabs

it`s not that I am not listening, it is that some things I only notice later, and can learn how to execute mathematical perspective through failure system. i have some issues ,because I am drawing with pencil, then I am photographing the sketch then downloading it to computer.

Can you post the un edited sketch?

I can access my computer on weekends. Now I am at work, so be patient, Iwill try to correct those issues ,and post later. Now about summarizing, uhmm.. Maybe my observations are wrong, but I would like to hear some opinion from you. idon`t want to pollute the threead with pictures, but propbably I should post some pictures so it is clearly visible what I mean by each point.

1. front overhang, versus the rear overhang( if it is called this way;))See, why they matter?

post-28725-1255529097.jpg

Guest lokilabs
I can access my computer on weekends. Now I am at work, so be patient, Iwill try to correct those issues ,and post later. Now about summarizing, uhmm.. Maybe my observations are wrong, but I would like to hear some opinion from you. idon`t want to pollute the threead with pictures, but propbably I should post some pictures so it is clearly visible what I mean by each point.

1. front overhang, versus the rear overhang( if it is called this way;))See, why they matter?

I need to see your starting point then I will post some usefull advice.

mediocre integrity( watch headlights, not a single line aligns with headlight orbs). Also pay attention how skinny are the wheel arch imprints ( a la 80ies)and how massive in comparison is front bumper. We can also observe lack of lensing`` in foglight design. Also watch the lower bumper intake lacks slightly rounded edges ,which creates an illussion as if the opening was jigsawed out. (This thing can be observed on rims on BMW exhaust imprints in bumpers and on lower moldings of BMW.)

post-28725-1255531633.jpg

superb integrity. watch how the line from bumper continues inside the headlight interior. ( Cadillac Converj) the superb integrity is stressed even more by continuity of the lines. See how the line above first lamp in the headlight has the same position as the line in front grille.

post-28725-1255532004.jpg

the principle of continuity. (good Example). plus the 90 degree angle tendency. Watch, how the line fron rear trunk has a continuity into taillight block. see also, how the side window slopes tending a 90 degree angleagainst the place it would hit the roof or roof glass. the principle of parallellness is also observed here- the a-pillar , rear side small window and tailligts are parallel. So is the bumper attachment. also see how bumper and tailligts create a 90 degree angle. the same principle goes to front. if you drew a line between front bumper attachment slop and rear bumper slope it would be perpendicular again to the horizon.( probably I would install tyres a couple of sizes bigger than these ones).

post-28725-1255533198.jpg

tyre position . Distorted. As you can see the front suspension seems to be pushed inwards the center of body. The huge front overhang is disharmonious to massive height of the rear fender height. observe, how front bumper lower part is mismatching with rear part of the fender. Good maneuverability is usually stressed by short overhangs overt front chassis, which is usually the philospohy of Bimmer. probably Alfa has different physics:)

post-28725-1255534128.jpg

Center of mass or visual gravity. Clearly visible here. Slope of mass- forward. We can also the aspect of parallelness and 90 degree angles in various places.

post-28725-1255535271.jpg