Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kimming Yap

Online Portfolio Critic Needed

Guest Kimming Yap

Hi,

I have recently put up my online portfolio and it would be great to receive some constructive comments.

My portfolio link is www.kimmingyap.com

Thank you!

Regards

Kimming Yap

Guest Kimming Yap
nice site! i think you could use a few more projects on there though

Thanks Vander for the feedback. I will work on that.

Are there any other comments?

Guest Greenbird
Hi,

I have recently put up my online portfolio and it would be great to receive some constructive comments.

Thank you!

Regards

Kimming Yap

I like Altec Lansing Mini very much. Nice concept and beautiful presentation. :)

Guest Kimming Yap
Hi,

Thank you!

Regards

Kimming Yap

I like Altec Lansing Mini very much. Nice concept and beautiful presentation. :)

Thanks for the encouragement Greenbird!

Guest Callum Nash

Hi there Kimming, The site looks nice, I honestly cant suggest any ways to make it much better as a means of conveying your work, the layout and colour fits your style quite nicely, its very clean, and very quick loading, however, i might suggest that you look at the images within the project pages, the project main page is the important one and the images look great, but within each individual project, the images (and this is MY ONLY gripe) could sit abit nicer? for example, it looks as though the jpegs quality is abit low, my monitor displays the sqoosh chair image as being not very crisp with a little bit of colour displacement, essentially, the images need to be super sharp and super crisp, and i think they may look nicer if they had a border similar to the text border that they sit in, as a means of breaking the image up abit and placing less emphasis on it.

another suggestion i might make (and to be fair, i need to heed my own words here!) would be to put some figuires near your chair to give an impression of scale

But a web portfolio is literally a package for your work, accessing the work quickly and easily and having them indexed properly is MOST important, as potential employers will just want to see your work and will only have 30 seconds to do it. I found your work very easily, so in this sence so should an employer :)

Guest Kimming Yap
Hi there Kimming, The site looks nice, I honestly cant suggest any ways to make it much better as a means of conveying your work, the layout and colour fits your style quite nicely, its very clean, and very quick loading, however, i might suggest that you look at the images within the project pages, the project main page is the important one and the images look great, but within each individual project, the images (and this is MY ONLY gripe) could sit abit nicer? for example, it looks as though the jpegs quality is abit low, my monitor displays the sqoosh chair image as being not very crisp with a little bit of colour displacement, essentially, the images need to be super sharp and super crisp, and i think they may look nicer if they had a border similar to the text border that they sit in, as a means of breaking the image up abit and placing less emphasis on it.

another suggestion i might make (and to be fair, i need to heed my own words here!) would be to put some figuires near your chair to give an impression of scale

But a web portfolio is literally a package for your work, accessing the work quickly and easily and having them indexed properly is MOST important, as potential employers will just want to see your work and will only have 30 seconds to do it. I found your work very easily, so in this sence so should an employer :)

Thanks for the elaborated feedback Nash!

You pointed out some details which I would not have noticed.

I delibrately reduced the image quality to speed up the loading, but I guess no harm increasing it moderately.

I will be working on them, thanks again :)

Guest yutyjytj

Thanks for the elaborated feedback Nash!

You pointed out some details which I would not have noticed.

I delibrately reduced the image quality to speed up the loading, but I guess no harm increasing it moderately.

I will be working on them, thanks again :)

good job.