Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mappdaniel

Copic Ciao Anygood?

Guest mappdaniel

I need a new set of markers, in the past ive had the new style trias and they dried up within a couple of months, lately ive been using some twin touch markers i got on the cheap and they are awful, ive been eyeing up copics but as a masters student im pretty much bankrupt after paying my fees, this is when i had copic ciao markers brought to my attention. From what i can gather they are based largely at manga artists but i was wondering if anyone on here has used them and had any opinions on them as im looking at buying a number of them before my course starts.

Guest Acorn
I need a new set of markers, in the past ive had the new style trias and they dried up within a couple of months, lately ive been using some twin touch markers i got on the cheap and they are awful, ive been eyeing up copics but as a masters student im pretty much bankrupt after paying my fees, this is when i had copic ciao markers brought to my attention. From what i can gather they are based largely at manga artists but i was wondering if anyone on here has used them and had any opinions on them as im looking at buying a number of them before my course starts.

I dont have an opinion on them but they closest resemble the copic sketch line. they have a medium broad nib and a super brush nib like the sketch line where as a standard copic has a broad nib and a fine nib ( not brush). according to the chart the only real difference between a ciao and sketch marker is ciao is not air brush compatible. Maybe someone with all 3 can chime in and say if the feel of the ciao and the sketch is the same.

post-31427-1252781059.png

copic has also come out with some new wallet sets. one of them is a product design set. it has 24 markers and features a nice wallet case. it comes in both standard copic and sketch. price is around 115 dollars for the set.

Copic Wallet Sets