Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmegens

Please comment on my portfolio

Guest hibbem

Hi Carl,

looking sharp at your site! Very clever to enter the site by clicking on to your image! I guess that the subjects CV and Thoughts are coming.

I wonder what 3D program you use at Eindhoven.

The only thing I can think off for a change is the amount of projects and maybe the returning to one page back in stead of directly to the mainpage.

hear you soon,

Martin Pieters.

Guest cmegens

Thanks,

finally a comment <_<

Already thinking of changing the backwards navigation. Not too clear now. CV and thoughts are coming up.

3d software is a nice story. Our faculty is supporting Unigraphics, but that's only if you enjoy puzzles and inconsistent interfaces. So everybody uses his own educational license (either legal or not. sorry guys) of different packages. Personally I use Solidworks a lot, and 3dmax and rhino as support. However tried more packages. For Mac users I can recommend Cobalt, which is a lot like rhino.

May I also ask why you are curious about this?

The amount of projects. Do you mean more projects? or less? These are my two projects that really stand out, so that's the reason for 2 big ones.

Thanks for the comments. will post final version soon.

Also had the comment to add a little bit of colour to the tumbnails, what the opinion here about that?

regards.

carl

Guest hibbem

Hi there Carl,

I was curious about 3D cause at IPO rotterdam we use Unigraphics. It is, as you say, very user unfriendly. From many people I see that they use other programms like solid works and 3D studio max. I was just wondering which one you prefer.

adding some colour with mouseover seems like a good idea, I thinking of doing it at my own site as well.

I would like to see more of your work so I can meassure myself with students from other educations.

with regards,

Martin

Guest antoniomancillas

Hi Carl

I really liked your portfolio, its very clean

I think taking out the white square on the main page and putting the welcome text just over the gray surface could make it nicer.

I think the back button on the me.html is not very clear, maybe you could specify

By the way, Thanks for comment on my portfolio

best regards,

Antonio

Guest papicas

Esthetically your site is beautiful! I don't see many of those.

But the navigation is dreadfull! Only the second time I visited the site I understood how it worked going back :P

Also, maybe add a little more contrast on the rollover picture so you can see a clearer difference.

Guest cmegens

thanks for the comments guys.

About the navigation: want to add a back or home button in the bottom black bar. This should clear things up.

About the white field on the background. Tried without it, but didn't like it.

the contrast is something I've been playing with alot. Problem is that different displays handle the contrast differently. What looks like good contrast on TFT, is too soft on CRT and vice versa. And then each TFT screen has a different contrast ratio, so it is hard to find the 'perfect' contrast. Will try to change it though, to fit the most used contrast ratio.

regards

carl