Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest EsmondSit

Aliasstudio Pencil Tool Question

Guest EsmondSit

Hey mates,

I'm very new in AliasStudio but I thought I wanted to give it a try to see how it works. I was following a tutorial on sketching in AliasDesign. I realised that the strokes only appear after I lift my pen.

Is this my problem? or is it built into AliasDesign?

Cheers!

Hey mates,

I'm very new in AliasStudio but I thought I wanted to give it a try to see how it works. I was following a tutorial on sketching in AliasDesign. I realised that the strokes only appear after I lift my pen.

Cheers!

Sounds like a display driver or video card issue. Are you running a workstation supported video card? (Quadro/FireGL?) or a consumer class card (Geforce/Radeon). My first suggestion would be to try updgrading your video and tablet drivers and then see if it helps. Or rolling back to an Autodesk certified driver.

Guest EsmondSit

i'm on a geforce 8800GT. Would that be the problem?

I have updated drivers. Haven't updated tablet's driver though.

Guest odd_concept
Hey mates,

Cheers!

That card should work, but make sure the setting are set correct under Setting > General Prefrences(Option Box) > Paint. Here you will see several options. Sometimes you have to mess with them. Also I have noticed using an old version of the wacom driver has caused me delay issues, make sure you have the lates drivers on that as well.

Hope this helps.

i'm on a geforce 8800GT. Would that be the problem?

I have updated drivers. Haven't updated tablet's driver though.

The geforce cards are not officially supported. You may need to experiment with either rolling back to a previous driver, playing with the Wacom drivers, and just fooling around with it.

Out of curiousity do you have antivirus software running? Try disabling that completely and seeing if it still happens. I've seen AV software issues manifest them in strange ways, especially when it comes to input devices.

Guest EsmondSit

Alright, I've updated graphics driver, tablet driver and also disabled anti-virus.

No luck. =(