Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest retrospec

4 Seat Single Engine Jet Concept

Guest retrospec

Ever wanted to take your family or 3 of your friends to somewhere a little bit farther than your local restaurant for dinner? well this is what I have always wanted to do. This is my yet to be named 4 seat single engine jet concept. (to be updated) what do you think?

post-29190-1252379064.png

post-29190-1252379092.png

post-29190-1252448897.png

Guest Nick Madsen
Ever wanted to take your family or 3 of your friends to somewhere a little bit farther than your local restaurant for dinner? well this is what I have always wanted to do. This is my yet to be named 4 seat single engine jet concept. (to be updated) what do you think?

That thing looks really graceful. I really like your design, particularly all of the long swooping sweeps and the flair-up on the wing tips. I know nothing about the actual physics of flight, however your plane looks like it just soar through the air effortlessly.

I wish the circular door/window on the side stayed within the same implied line with the other windows though, have you thought about that?

Guest retrospec

That thing looks really graceful. I really like your design, particularly all of the long swooping sweeps and the flair-up on the wing tips. I know nothing about the actual physics of flight, however your plane looks like it just soar through the air effortlessly.

I wish the circular door/window on the side stayed within the same implied line with the other windows though, have you thought about that?

hey thanks alot, I'll try that

Guest ViperGTSeb

I agree with Nick, you might think of harmonising the shape of your windows, now the rounded shapes gives a little cartoonish look to the overall. Think about a more sharp language for all the windows, it will contrast with the smooth shape of the body and I believe it will look better.

I'll also comment on the window design, since I think the current one lets it down a lot. Besides the previous comments (which I agree with), I also think that you need to consider what happens when you project a flat shape onto a curved form. In this case, the window's bottom cutline is horizontal, but you'll notice that because the fuselage is round, when you look at it from different angles in perspective, it appears curved. You can compensate for this by tweaking the shape a bit to counteract that effect and make it look a bit more aggressive at the same time. Combined with the generously rounded corners, it appears sort of blob-like, as if you aren't really in control of what it's doing.

(My comments here are restricted to the aesthetic, since I'll treat this as a styling exercise. From a real-world perspective, frankly I find the idea of a 4-person private jet kind of repugnant - I can't really think of a less efficient way to get from A to B...)

Guest Buff

Square windows?

anyone hear of the DeHaviland Comet?

4 person Jet? well research is pointing towards two distinct markets in the next 30-40 years. Large carrier scheadule flights and fast (650mph +) long range charter planes 14 - 20 seats

This jet could be efficient if the engine a large bypass ratio, wide cord swept fan and a small core.

For noise polution control, any future jet should really be considering 'in body# or 'in wing' engines, with the obvious maintenace issues to be solved, which personally I would look carefully at a 'cartridge' design, with leasing on air time, swapping out the 'cartridge' for maintenance and keeping the plane in the air as much as possible

hi all, looks great as far as curves and aesthetics go. the round window needs to be changed of course. i would like to see a layout of the aircraft to show how the people are sitting and their positions. i feel like the proportions are no correct and it looks alot bigger than it should be.

also my instant reaction to seeing this design was...........how does this aircraft yaw? you should have looked into the basics of flight shouldnt u?

anyway, keep up the good work.

M.

Guest Buff
hi all, looks great as far as curves and aesthetics go. the round window needs to be changed of course. i would like to see a layout of the aircraft to show how the people are sitting and their positions. i feel like the proportions are no correct and it looks alot bigger than it should be.

also my instant reaction to seeing this design was...........how does this aircraft yaw? you should have looked into the basics of flight shouldnt u?

anyway, keep up the good work.

M.

how does a flying wing yaw?