Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redlich

The Little Train

Guest Redlich

Concept design of a little train for kids.

There are 6 steps from 3-point perspective foreshortening to the final copic rendering.

post-20082-1252356896.jpg

Guest JMAG

This is great, I love that style of concept design.

Method can be applied to anything...

Thanks for the tut!

Guest indy2878
Concept design of a little train for kids.

There are 6 steps from 3-point perspective foreshortening to the final copic rendering.

Hey I have a question about this tutorial. Actually this is a general question about drawing tutorials. I hope someone can answer my questions because I would like to use this opportunity to do this tutorial on my own so as to "jumpstart" my enthusiasm to draw again. And I hope others can benefit from my post.

First of all HOW and WHAT should I be thinking (thought process) while doing a tutorial? I understand its a step by step process at least for beginners that is.

Like for instance on this train tutorial how did you get the block forms from the 1st perspective box step to the second step?

What exactly were your thought process to get that result. And from the second step to the 3rd step when the forms are much more refined like the cylindrical curves of the train, etc....

Maybe if you can redo this tutorial using MANY steps? Like 20 steps to get from the first step to the second step's result and from the 2nd to the 3rd step's result, etc.... I understand this MIGHT be difficult for you to do since from my understanding design tends to be something learned in the classroom through rigorous theoretical approach and applying those theories to real world applications such as ID related work.

Just to let you know, I'll be PLENTY happy and VERY enthusiastic to just start learning art and design again if I can come close to replicating this particular tutorial's line work. Even without doing the coloring and computer work, etc... I just want to be able to do various online tutorials for now (2 point perspective, ID tutorials, basic art tutorials, etc...) and maybe make some of my own designs just to make myself enthusiastic about art and design.

I tend to be a "hands on" type of visual learner, yet if I'm taught something theoretical I can apply it over time and through "hands on" using the theory such as 2 point perspective. I tend to be a slow learner to tell you the truth, but I get very good at something once I get a good grasp of what I'm working and learning....

Anyway, I hope I made sense in this post and apologizes for any inconvenience... Thanks!