Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Sketch Challenge 24: Gaming Device, September 2009

We are back again with a new sketch challenge. This time we want you to sketch your ultimate gaming device: joypad, joystick, steering wheel, game console, etc..

speedpad.jpg

Guest nordam
Cool, I like this one!

btw, what is that one you posted?

It's a gaming device that works a bit like a multi-button num pad, with a multitude of keys, buttons, sliders etc.

the idea is that you have this and a mouse (one in each hand) and you bind all the keys on this device so that you can access them all without moving your hands. this is designed purely for gaming and is often used with games that require lots of hotkeys.. although it would be intersting to see other applications.. perhaps for hotkeys in PS??

Guest AutomóvilVerde
Cool, I like this one!

It's a gaming device that works a bit like a multi-button num pad, with a multitude of keys, buttons, sliders etc.

the idea is that you have this and a mouse (one in each hand) and you bind all the keys on this device so that you can access them all without moving your hands. this is designed purely for gaming and is often used with games that require lots of hotkeys.. although it would be intersting to see other applications.. perhaps for hotkeys in PS??

Cool idea, does anyone know if gamers actually use things like this?

Guest woli
Cool, I like this one!

Cool idea, does anyone know if gamers actually use things like this?

A friend of mine is a hardcore gamer, national competitions and so on. He's got about three variations of this kind of thing as he's convinced that different ones work best for different games. The market for gaming products is huge and they'll pay hundreds for things like this. It's a completely different world! Saying that there are some huge prize funds for the comps so any advantage is worth it.

I'll get back into a bit of sketching as soon as I buy a desk for my new flat!

Oli

Guest Nick Madsen

Here is my "Combat Controller" design. I think it has that futuristic yet still rough feel to it. Im planing on doing some photoshop renders later, ill keep ya updated.

post-33100-1254111017.jpg

Guest tomleedsdes

I really need to learn to read the date on these things! :oops: Anyway here's my contribution...

post-14086-1276637849.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.