Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phart

Patrick's Sketches

Guest Taro

i really like the shaver with the blue rendered side, it looks more appealing and more realistic to me.

the one you rendered in computer, hmm, it looks like a product that is based more on the function than the form. I would say a big part is the connecting part between the handle/body and the shaving circles, it is a little bit weird how it is connected.

your work is very well done but i think what you are missing is the glossy highlights. All of your computer stuff appears to have a matte finish because all the highlights are soft.

your using sketchbook right? After applying highlights try using the hard edge eraser to give your highlights a sharp cutoff, this will make the surfaces look glossy. Now that doesn't mean you need to make everything glossy but if your looking for a glossy look on certain surfaces that is how its done.

I just did a quick google search and found this, it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. As you can see the round and triangle shaped buttons come off as glossy but the square ones with soft highlights come off as matte finish

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustrat...ossy-button.php

Guest Phart
your work is very well done but i think what you are missing is the glossy highlights. All of your computer stuff appears to have a matte finish because all the highlights are soft.

your using sketchbook right? After applying highlights try using the hard edge eraser to give your highlights a sharp cutoff, this will make the surfaces look glossy. Now that doesn't mean you need to make everything glossy but if your looking for a glossy look on certain surfaces that is how its done.

I just did a quick google search and found this, it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about. As you can see the round and triangle shaped buttons come off as glossy but the square ones with soft highlights come off as matte finish

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustrat...ossy-button.php

I will try this for the next drawing, thanks for the tips!

Guest Phart

Lately I try to get some skills in interior rendering. I made a simple interior in rhino and 3dsmax and rendered it in Vray. It’s kind a hard to get a good quality render, because my laptop at home is very slow. Still I post these 2 images here, one without materials and one with materials. I am not yet fully happy about the right wall and the fabric for the couch. Please give me some comments on this one, thanks.

27.jpg

26.jpg

Guest Phart

Here some renderings I redid for a project I did a while back at University. These are renderings of a Photo Kiosk, where you can develop your pictures. What do you think???

red_yellow-swirl1.jpg

yellow_red-swirl1.jpg

brushed-metal-swirl.jpg

Guest Phart

Thanks for the comment, I have another one, but the metal is brushed vertical, maybe a bit more logical. Here it is:

brushed-metal-vertical-brushed.jpg

Guest EsmondSit

The kiosk is nice. Though I'd prefer if there was somewhere to place your devices while the printing work or photo transferring work is being done. At least the user doesn't have to hold it all the time.

Guest Phart
The kiosk is nice. Though I'd prefer if there was somewhere to place your devices while the printing work or photo transferring work is being done. At least the user doesn't have to hold it all the time.

Good idea, although this project is already finished, maybe I can make some adjustments to it, thanks for the comment.

Guest Phart

I didn't post anything for a while, here are some sketches, not totally happy yet, long way to go still. Please give comments and tips, I want to learn!

drawing-mixers-small.jpg

coffeemachines-small.jpg

drawing-portable-coffeemachine1.jpg

Guest Phart

A new sketch, sketched on paper with black pencil, scanned and colored in Photoshop. Please give you opinion, how can I improve???

flesje-zeep-ingekleurd.jpg

Patrick, the rendering overall looks good. I don't even know what it is but I'm attracted to it. The one thing that would really help this is your elipses. Your cap in the version on the right has several issues with the elipses not being actual elipses as well not being parallel to each other. Do you see what I'm talking about? I think the coloring and shading are great but your linework is really taking away from the drawing.

Guest Phart
Patrick, the rendering overall looks good. I don't even know what it is but I'm attracted to it. The one thing that would really help this is your elipses. Your cap in the version on the right has several issues with the elipses not being actual elipses as well not being parallel to each other. Do you see what I'm talking about? I think the coloring and shading are great but your linework is really taking away from the drawing.

Do you mean I have to erase away more of my starting linework (pencil). Yeah I see the elipse problem, more practising is probably the best way to avoid these kind of problems, thanks for the comment.

Here's some explanation. I hope you don't mind me putting you on blast. Normally I would've just sent you a message but I thought other people might benefit from this as well.

post-13585-1265297756.jpg